Arizona heat

Ya if your running a stupid low ohm load, like 1/2 ohm, that sucker is gonna get hot. But...OP did mention amp is hot before stereo is on.

Ya if your running a stupid low ohm load, like 1/2 ohm, that sucker is gonna get hot. But...OP did mention amp is hot before stereo is on.
Hot BEFORE the stereo is on?... does the remote wire always have current?

Hot BEFORE the stereo is on?... does the remote wire always have current?
Sorry... that WAS a reach... but as others HAVE stated... check your grounds,etc... but if your at 2 ohms nominal at that amp and i'm assuming it's a 1 ohm stable mono amp... it is probably the source of your problems...

All I know is that it's hotter than two dogs fucking over there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif

its in an open area
yeah man put back windows down when u take off for few mins get all that heat out of car.. i would think a much better amp may do better but hot is hot so u never know u may spend $400 not work any or much better til u get a fan.. i was gonna buy smaller version of that amp but weren't really any reviews at the time and got ppi that everyone recommended..

Amen to that. idek why I live here. I hate the heat
'cuz housing is cheap. I lived in Tucson so I'm well aware of the heat in AZ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

**** it's 86 here, now. 90 tomorrow...

Thats' dead on... I shot a vid at 6:00 pm yesterday and the car thought it was 117 in the shade of a large dumpster where I parked... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tphUrUDGCxY&t=197s... but it probably is the amp causing your problems!
God, that heat reminds me of when I was in the middle east. That's why I can't move back to Vegas even though I know it's not as bad as Arizona, but it's pretty dang close.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.