Area-41

Well you never know what it could have been. But I guess they blame it was all me, but whatever it was enough to not make me go back again. I am not hating on there installs I know that they are GOOD but IMO way overpriced 250 for an HID installed is ridiculous. HID are what like connecting 3 wires together? I had all my equipment. Also they wanted 550 for a system install. Once again had ALL my stuff just wanted an install. No custom just a basic 4 channel amp install. So that would have been 800 for all. I just went for it myself. It may not be no pro install, but it saved me 800 bucks which is alot
if the tint was not chipped by the install then the only person to blame for any scratches or nicks is the owner. And no matter what the product is replacement of any user damaged product is not going to be free wherever you go.

This post got way out of hand!!

However after reading it, only one person that posted had work done to his car.

The best install is one that you do yourself. (maybe not the first time though. But you will have a great since of pride and accomplishment)

D

They moved up about a quarter mile North at the next light. They moved into a bigger shop due to more business and expanded to include Home Theater and Automation.

Before you claim how "overpriced" a shop is perhaps you should try owning one and be responsible for paying the bills.

Before you claim how "overpriced" a shop is perhaps you should try owning one and be responsible for paying the bills.
Ya its there way of staying in business. ALL shops are overpriced IMO. Thats why I literally buy everything off ebay

I got my tint done at Area-41, cant complain too much, ShadyStyle you must work their with all the information provided, you say the same things that seth told me and he was planning on putting M3's in his altima. Prices are higher, but the quality of the shop is amazing, i am pretty sure they have lifetime warranty's on their installs.

I really liked the way they smoked my tails. Just after my tint screwing up after 2 days set me off. Could have been my error or theres. Maybe it was a bubble that just ripped I dunno. But them not replacing it was enough to not make me go back. I do really like seth though hes a cool nice guy

I got all my stuff installed a couple weeks back and it turned out amazing, high quality job and great people.

It might be a really good shop but come on, $250 for installing some hid lights? you gotta be kidding me. I understand the owner and the installer gotta eat but $250 is rapping the customer!

It might be a really good shop but come on, $250 for installing some hid lights? you gotta be kidding me. I understand the owner and the installer gotta eat but $250 is rapping the customer!
LOL your telling me. Especially since it cost them absolute nothing but labor. It only took me about an hour to install myself. HIDS are like 3 wires. 250 bucks for an hour maybe 2 hours is crazy!

You guys are talking about prices being high, but Area 41 is a reasonable shop considering they have a lifetime installation guarantee. I mean I think $20-$25 is high for a steak at a restaraunt, but I pay for convience. Same deal with an installation.

I saw someone here post that they buy their stuff online because it is cheaper? Well one reason an audio shop charges more is because of that. You buy stuff online that is basically being illegally sold out of the backdoor of some other shop driving prices up in actual stores. You also have a lot more trouble when it comes to warranty issues, and I know for a fact that Area 41 typically will do an over the counter swap if the product is in warranty. Shops also charge more for provided installs.

I only mention Area 41 because that is how the topic started and that is the shop I deal with, but I want to defend other shops to. Online stores that are selling illegally and cheap a** people are killing the audio industry. Most major brands do not authorize online sales. I know the only place you can buy JL online legally and have a warranty is Crutchfield. And Memphis can't be bought online at all. If you find it online it has no warranty and Memphis did not authorize it. This is a rant I had to get off my chest. If this offended anyone, I don't care.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...