are these amps to much of a drain on my car?

what do yuo mean? like lights and tv's and ****, no maybe some 15" neons thats it. and whats the difference between sq and spl? thanks

how many amps is your alt now? if its like 80-90 i would suggest getting a new alt and batt, you will def. kill your alt with the high power amp and component amp

i dont know, its an 1989 lincoln tc. old car, my 2 amps now kinda dim my lights but i have a bad battery so maybe it will be fine when i get a new one. do you know how much a yellow top battery coast, is that a good idea? and a new alt. where can you get battery and ho alt.

The 3000 will do 1800-2000w, that alone will tax a lot of stock alts if you listen very loud at all. Add to that the 300-400w of the PA and it could be trouble. If you have a large stock alt (100A+) it might work ok temporarily, or if you have moderate listening habits. But if you're looking to bang all the time you're gonna need an HO alt.

partsamerica.com lists replacements from 60A to 100A

Being a ford product you should be able to find a plate riveted to the alt that will have the current printed on it. If it's 100A I would go ahead and install it, at least get a little use, but I would plan on an HO replacement -- 150A or so. You might be able to find a 130A Ford 3G alt. They fit in a lot of fords w/minor fabrication/modification.

It sounds like you have a good set of amps but what will you be using them on? What kind of subs will you be running and what impediance will the amp be loaded to?

If you are running the 3000 at 1ohm it could be possible that you will need a biger alternator but if you are running it at 4ohm or even 2ohm you might only need a new battery and at least a 3 farad cap but bigger is always better so if you wanted to up grade your alternator.....that would be the great.

Another thing that most people forget about is the factory wiring in the vehicle. If you look at the factory ground and power wires coming out of the battery posts, they are most likely 8 gauge crap wire. If you want to make sure you get the power to your amps, change all your factory wire ie: alternator to battery, ground from battery to chassie and engine, etc. What this means is, if your using 4 gauge wire to your amp from the battery, use the same wire and upgrade any wire you see coming out of your battery posts.

Have fun building the system.

pa fbx-15"S, 1 ohlm load 2 of them

You might have to upgrade your alternator, but before doing that you should change your battery and add a few farad caps and upgrade your wires. Doing this may help you avoid changing the alternator and save you a few hundered bucks.

a good system coast so ****ing much! i will spend like 1,500 on everything. i didnt even pay half of that for my car. its a really exspensive hobby! is that about how much money it takes to make a bad ass system? thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.