Are the ebay camaro prefabs any good?

when i had my firebird i bought the stealth enclosure that fits one ten inch in that little cubby hole on the left hand side in the back. I think it had .4 cubic ft of airspace so it was not much but it did seem sturdy and well built.

http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm...i used the drivers side one, sorry its .6 cubic ft sealed.

they got alot of enclosures for f-bodies on there...and camaro/firebird are the same, im sure u knew.

i had the sub there and took off the t-top holders, and set my two amps on there. Looked really good b/c u just fold that flap over when u close the hatch and noone will even notice.

I personally would never ever ever ever ever buy a prefab box, ever, I dont care what car its for. If you have never cut a piece of wood then go for it, but if you are mildly experienced do it yourself, you will be much happier in the end.......

Just a question, if a prefab box is built with 3/4 MDF, and has the necessary airspace required, why would it be bad?
it wouldn't be

To the O.P. if you would have searched i just answered this question pretty well with several links a couple weeks ago.

Then why does everybody bash prefab as if it's bin laden?
most just prefab ported boxes because...

1)Not built to sub's specs(maybe too large or small airspace)

2)Skinny ports, introducing port noise'

3)tuned ungodly high, bad for anything wanting to resemble good sound

Sealed boxes are no biggie. As long as it's constructed well, has the amount of airspace you need, and is sealed good, then there should be no problems.

I think the biggest down fall to sealed prefabs is build quality. Like said, air space is air space. Of course with the ported box, you open a whole new can of worms. But prefab build quality in general is poor. I had a shop contact me, I believe they carry Audio Enhancer prefabs, and he said the quality is horrible. Not completely sealed. Carpet peeling off just sitting out on display, before its sold.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.