Are optima yellow tops reliable for under the hood?

The Red Top under my hood is 5 years old now. I just tested it at work last Thursday and it still tests as new.

(rated at 980cca, tests @ 1015cca)

My dad still has the same Red Top that came with his Nitro bass boat. He bought the boat in 05 so its 6 years old.

Some people have good luck, some bad.

I have had very good luck with Optima batteries.

Yellow tops are a deep cycle and red tops are a starting battery.

The red tops can charge faster and send power faster(thinner plates) so if you are not going to be running you gear with the

car off, the red will have a slight advantage. IMO.

The yellow tops will last 2X as long with out the car running. They can also be completely discharged many times.

i went through 3 yellowtops in 2 weeks before switching to a duralast gold which lasted me 3 years until i sold it to run all deka just because I wanted to match my batteries.

Either you have TERRIBLE luck or are just bullshitting because I know multiple people who run Yellow tops (including myself) and never once had them drop any voltage.

I dont think I've ever had my car die on me since I have had it, and I have left lights on over night..

I bullshit you not. I tell this to all those that want to pay for the overpriced optima yellowtops. I'd take the redtop over the yellowtop. Hell, DC Power says to stay away from yellowtops.

I bullshit you not. I tell this to all those that want to pay for the overpriced optima yellowtops. I'd take the redtop over the yellowtop. Hell, DC Power says to stay away from yellowtops.
Dude you are a total moron.

my yellowtop hasnt let me down yet...had it for 2 years now... great terminals (both front and top) and it fit right into my stock spots for batteries. i used stinger 0 gauge terminals which work out great. I WOULD get another one if this one craps out..(knock on wood)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.