Are Memphis Speakers a good brand to go with?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brainfart

Been looking to upgrade my stock system with components in the front door ,3.5" in the dash & 6x9's in the rear deck with a new amp. I have been looking at JL C2 650 for the doors, C2 690tx for rear deck and cant remember the 3.5" for the dash I also was looking at Focal 165AS , Focal ISC690 7 Focal R-100C. But talked to my local install shop and he mentioned I may be interested in Memphis MCS6A Components, MC 692 & Memphis PR275 for the dash. Which is the better speaker in sound quality and which has more mid bass for the money? Any info would help greatly.

My car is a 2006 Dodge Charger with Stock 6 speaker Boston Acustic system with Pioneer AVH 440BH HU, Kicker Comp Vr12 sub & pushing the sub is a SSL 1500.

I plan on getting a 4 channel amp pushing about 75watts rms per channel to push the rear and fronts and have the head unit push the dash speakers.

Ok I'll stop talking to let the info flow in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks in advance.

Memphis is a good company. I like that they're a family owned business that goes back to the early times of car audio. I don't have much experience with their products, but they look solid.

I don't do 2 pairs of coaxials up front, so that part of the suggestion needs some help, in my opinion. I like the 6x9 idea, but with coaxials in the dash you should make the 6x9s play bass only. The speaker selection alone does not dictate how good the midbass sounds, and really it's not common for shops to do anything beyond laying Dynamat or an equivalent mat to treat vibrations. There are other products and methods to use that will dramatically improve midbass response.

That's why I want to go Components in the doors with a 6.5" hoping to get some of that mid bass back from the stock muddy speakers. Also I am willing to drop in a 8" sub in the rear deck (stock location) to make up for the loss if I need more. Would that be a better solution to go with? Yeah the 6x9's in the rear deck would play more bass frequencies in this setup.

That's why I want to go Components in the doors with a 6.5" hoping to get some of that mid bass back from the stock muddy speakers. Also I am willing to drop in a 8" sub in the rear deck (stock location) to make up for the loss if I need more. Would that be a better solution to go with? Yeah the 6x9's in the rear deck would play more bass frequencies in this setup.
Dropping down to most average 6.5s in the front doors is a fairly significant downgrade. Your factory 6x9 has virtually the same cone area as an 8" woofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.