Are 4th orders worth it?

there's always EQ involved when it comes to bass and flatness. Cabin gain's a *****. Luckily all i had to do on mines was knock off 50hz by 1 db on the EQ curve.
Is that the only reason your box doesn't unload heavily under your tuning frequency? Do you have a fancy processor or whatever it's called or does the 80prs have that precise of an EQ?

Is that the only reason your box doesn't unload heavily under your tuning frequency? Do you have a fancy processor or whatever it's called or does the 80prs have that precise of an EQ?
That has absolutely nothing to do with what your talking about it just keeps my box from peaking a bit too much at 40-50hz aka keeps things flat. The 80 prs can control 20hz 31hz 50hz and 80hz in the bass region.

Playing below tuning is due to my port area ratio. I leave my subsonic filter completely off.

That being said, i should be a lot louder than 152 sealed C pillar no wall. If i played with the port a bit more, i'd sacrifice bandwidth for output to get a higher score but thats in the future when i have more time to tinker with the setup. For now, i'll just enjoy my bandwidth.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what your talking about it just keeps my box from peaking a bit too much at 40-50hz aka keeps things flat. The 80 prs can control 20hz 31hz 50hz and 80hz in the bass region.
Playing below tuning is due to my port area ratio.
What is it?

What is it?
slightly above recommended airspace due to the amount of power i have but fairly low to medium port area with 24.5 cubes with three 10 inch sonotubes.

However this is my setup in my vehicle. Your vehicle will be completely different. Mines has a much lower resonant frequency than yours due to a lot of treatment and that its a HUGE van so the 1/4 wave length is much longer.

What i'd recommend you do is make a box with interchangeable ports and experiment and really learn how to properly make ported boxes for your vehicle via experimentation.

to be fair i think jeff can play that low due to the fact that he has so many drivers on a reasonable power each rather than causing them to bottom or hit the end of the BL curve like less drivers on more power each

4th orders work well in trunk cars, I've built a few. X2 on really needing a TL to dial in ported section tuning. Larger sealed will NOT make it louder, it will lower the fs of the enclosure.

6th order can play very low, have a wide bandwidth, and be very musical but they take more work to dial in properly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.