ARC 4150 TO POWER what?

guy022077
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i was going to get the arc kar 6.5s but after reading some reviews it seems it would be doing my 4150 a huge disservice to put it on these sub par but good speakers. I was thinking of around 100 bucks if i can since price is not everything (those same arc kars were 210 so i think at 89 the are still good) or i may just get a set of type X's for front and no rear or typer's all the way round... i will need rear fill for dvd's. keep it around typex prices people

Dude arc + rainbow = satisfaction

Whichever direction you go it better be worth the 4150. I say go for a better set of speakers. Your TypeX price may not be what typeX are meant to be sold at. Best to give a budget.

GOOD POINT,im trying to stay around 200 ( i am a cheap ass but i want decent daily driver sound) the x's were 230. I was looking at the sonicelectronix stuff.... Clif Designs CD60.4C,typex,typer,etc..................... those rainbow prices just hurt my feelings,I am not anywhere close to paying 400+ on any 6.5's for my car and that was on the low side...... i do need rear fill to by the way. If i can find something with an msrp or 300+ for about 150ish that is what im going for...the arc kars 210 i foudn them for 89. the clif design i found for 324 then for 150...see what i am getting at? I dont want to spend rainbow money. A guy i know is running some MTX 6.56.1,he said they rock. i dont have any,ANY shops that i can hear ANYTHING at so shopping local is out of the question.

$200 for speakers on an amp that retailed a good $800-900?...

I think you can do better than that, logic seems reversed here...Speakers should be priority. I say spend a little more, if you cant then wait... and get something you are not going to change in a month.

$200 for speakers on an amp that retailed a good $800-900?...I think you can do better than that, logic seems reversed here...Speakers should be priority. I say spend a little more, if you cant then wait... and get something you are not going to change in a month.
you mean like i did already?....ha. ive had $$$$$ speakers and liked them,ive had $$ speakers and liked them. I loved my memphis referance better then the multisyncs. is my budget stupid, maybe. I just dont want to spend 600 when 200-230ish would make me happy.......if i had a 4050 i would just get the kars, i cant seem to find the acs ANYWHERE. and i wanted to match all my gear if i could (but im not killing myself to do it) and i already have the 4150,2500,4 10d2 arc arc's and an 880,all i need is some speakers so i can finalllllly hear this stuff

that amp is begging for some germaniums. I can hear it from allll the way across town. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How you liking yours, qfactor? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you can live without rear fill for a while, it sounds like a perfect situation for the SLC265s to me:D
yeah i dont mind not having rear fill for a little bit, i didnt miss it as much as i thought i would,but i will need it for my dvd player.

you mean like i did already?....ha. ive had $$$$$ speakers and liked them,ive had $$ speakers and liked them. I loved my memphis referance better then the multisyncs. is my budget stupid, maybe. I just dont want to spend 600 when 200-230ish would make me happy.......if i had a 4050 i would just get the kars, i cant seem to find the acs ANYWHERE. and i wanted to match all my gear if i could (but im not killing myself to do it) and i already have the 4150,2500,4 10d2 arc arc's and an 880,all i need is some speakers so i can finalllllly hear this stuff
By no means do you have to spend $600 on speakers. I just feel in the 300-400 for starters there are some sweet sets out there(on sets that retail for way more than that BTW)

I know from experience the Arc ACS, Alumapro ALC6.2, Rainbow Power CMX265 on a 4150 sing some sickness.... If you want the cal25silk tweet like on the ACS you can get it on the Xplain set too.

The SLC's are definitly a good choice still at the price if the budget is low. Theres the kickbass and 3way set for not much more either.

By no means do you have to spend $600 on speakers. I just feel in the 300-400 for starters there are some sweet sets out there(on sets that retail for way more than that BTW)I know from experience the Arc ACS, Alumapro ALC6.2, Rainbow Power CMX265 on a 4150 sing some sickness.... If you want the cal25silk tweet like on the ACS you can get it on the Xplain set too.

The SLC's are definitly a good choice still at the price if the budget is low. Theres the kickbass and 3way set for not much more either.
i would like that tweet but you lost me on the Xplain, what are you refering to when you say Xplain? and ill be looking into SLC265 too.......i forgot to add that the mire money i spent on great,awesome speakers the harder it got t omake the music i listen to, sound good. for the more "adult" music it was great but when slipknot/deftones/korn etc came through,it didnt sound very good at all...almost too clean,.....i wish i could have got on the GB on that maxima forum

i would like that tweet but you lost me on the Xplain, what are you refering to when you say Xplain? and ill be looking into SLC265 too.......i forgot to add that the mire money i spent on great,awesome speakers the harder it got t omake the music i listen to, sound good. for the more "adult" music it was great but when slipknot/deftones/korn etc came through,it didnt sound very good at all...almost too clean,
Xplain is the line between the SLC and Power CMX that uses a neo marget, shallow mount mid...comes with the Cal25silk tweeter.

For that kind of Rock bro...CMX265's can deliver the dynamics, and do it at louder levels. Fast midbass on the aluminum cone driver, good edgy transition from sub reproducing the leading edge of the guitar bass. Tweeter that used to come in the ProVanadium set @$700+ set. So its a pretty **** nice set IMO.

The alumapro ALC6.2 (made in Germany hint hint) is VERY similar to it. But gives you a silk option (like the Cal25silk) or aluminum dome option (like the cal25alk) and either option comes with the same aluminum coned driver and a more flexible xover.

Double hint hint....both CMXs and ALC6.2's have a dual midbass option;)

not bagging on you but you have a 4150xxk and you're cheap? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

honestly i'd save up or if you have a HU that has 3 way capability then i say go for DIY. get the dayton reference 7" 4 ohm and some seas neo tweets and that'll have lots of potential for around $120 + shipping.

not bagging on you but you have a 4150xxk and you're cheap? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
honestly i'd save up or if you have a HU that has 3 way capability then i say go for DIY. get the dayton reference 7" 4 ohm and some seas neo tweets and that'll have lots of potential for around $120 + shipping.
oddly enough i was going to diy before i starting adding it all up... i have an 880 i was going to do a full front active but with the dvd i need rear fill for the back seat folks...and yes i like great stuff but dont want to pay great prices if i dont have to. seas neo tweets? is that a partsexpress thing? ill check

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.