AQG 6.5 component sets

Jeremiah25
10+ year member

Team Budweiser
I picked up a set of the new German made AudioQue component sets yesterday and got them installed. I've been looking forward to these for quite a while, and so far they have not dissappointed me. I'll break it down a little.

The tweeter:

Awesome. All I can say. I was using the DD T-28 tweeters, and the new German made tweeter is a sizable upgrade. It is so much more detailed and clear. Running on less power, it is louder than a pair of the T-28's. I have no idea how, since it is a 1 inch tweeter, but it is.

The woofer:

I replaced a pair of DD 6.5lt's running in some custom door pods that I tweaked and tweaked to get the best overall sound out of with a pair of the AQ german woofers running free air in the door. So right off the bat the AQ was at a disadvantage, since it was running free air. Suprisingly the new AQ woofers aren't too far off of the 6.5lt's. It took a lot of adjusting to bring the midbass out, but they are much better than any other woofer that I have had running "free air" in the doors on my explorer. I swear Ford "tried" to put the door speakers in the wrong place on the 98 body style explorers. These comps do very well considering everything they have working against them.

The passive crossover:

Simple clean and easy to use. It has 0db, -3 db, and -6db slots for the tweeter, to give you so room to blend the tweeter in to the front midbass. Right now I'm running -3 db, but I think I need to switch to -6 db, for my setup.

Here are some pics. Nothing flashy really, just well built and targeted to be the best bang for the buck SQ component sets that you can get. I haven't listened to everything, but......I've never personally listened to any that were close to these for the price. FYI, I'm not sure that pricing is 100% set in stone yet, but from talking to DJ, they should come in at under $200 a set.

HPIM1067.jpg

HPIM1068.jpg

HPIM1069.jpg

HPIM1070.jpg

HPIM1071.jpg

Nice looking comp set, thanks for the write up. AQ is putting out some some very nice "budget" equipment that performs quite well. Props to DJ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.