AQ3500 pertect

protect, wow i cant spell, i knew that didnt look right.

So will a multimeter read real time voltage- it seemed to be dropping slower than when i have my voltage meter hooked up. got a good fluke at work, i will do some troubleshooting today. thanks guys

A regular multimeter will work fine. You may try putting it through a few known signals and monitoring output with an O-scope.

But I'd be checking wiring and all of the settings on the amp if I were you. Unhook and re-polish ground spots, etc...

Also, maybe try some different ground spots. I'm thinking you've got an issue with this causing excessive voltage drop.

Another thing to think about is where/how you're grounding. If you're grounding to a unibody, you could be having problems with that. If you've got a car with a real frame, try tapping a hole in the frame and grounding directly to the frame. You can also do direct wiring from batteries instead of grounding to the frame/other ground point.

yeah i checked all connections today, everything is good. im grounded to the seat mount, all paint is ground off, i even ground of the paint beteen seat mount and the body. tomorrow im going to try to find some 0g and go from the seat mount to somewhere solid in the engine compartment. i have a 01 maxima

i have a powermaster pro alternator from gamevercca- anyone use these?

yeah i checked all connections today, everything is good. im grounded to the seat mount, all paint is ground off, i even ground of the paint beteen seat mount and the body. tomorrow im going to try to find some 0g and go from the seat mount to somewhere solid in the engine compartment. i have a 01 maximai have a powermaster pro alternator from gamevercca- anyone use these?
After you break that 12 trade me back that BTL N2 + 50$ and I'll rebuild your 12 and make you another one to match so you can run a pair //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

After you break that 12 trade me back that BTL N2 + 50$ and I'll rebuild your 12 and make you another one to match so you can run a pair //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif
i cant break that sig unless i run it out of the box on a 25Hz sine wave.

that would be cool if you wanna do some 10s. 10" sigs would be pretty impressive inverted.

yeah i can make a ring, ill call soon with some details, thanks man. hey you fix amps:)

just talked to amp medics, hes seen this before. thinks I have a lack of current and the voltage really doesn't have much to do with it. told me to run a ground from the amp to the battery on one input and ground the chassis with the other. I tend to think he knows what hes talking about. also said it don't matter that im running 2.8 nominal

I will have 2- xs 5100 this weekend and a hc1800 under the hood

we shall see when I get 25ft of 0g and set it all up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SMS

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SMS
MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date