Aq hdc4???

mlstrass
5,000+ posts

Shaggy DOA
Illinois
Prototypes are being tested, not sure on a release date yet, but I want me some for sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif 15 and 18 in the pics...

aq18d1back.jpg

aq18d1front.jpg

aq15d1front.jpg

Hmmm, I want a release date nowwwwww. Hopefully they'll correctly label the RMS rating for the HDC4, probably around 1500. And I'm interested in seeing what they'll do with the Street Duty line. And DJ, I know you'll see this topic, make something in between the Heavy and Street lines. People steer clear of the HDC because people know it takes a lot more than 1k RMS to get moving. You need something that will legit be moving on 1k like the SDC does on 600.

Hmmm, I want a release date nowwwwww. Hopefully they'll correctly label the RMS rating for the HDC4, probably around 1500. And I'm interested in seeing what they'll do with the Street Duty line. And DJ, I know you'll see this topic, make something in between the Heavy and Street lines. People steer clear of the HDC because people know it takes a lot more than 1k RMS to get moving. You need something that will legit be moving on 1k like the SDC does on 600.
I think he needs to drop the HDC line to the mid level and do something that is actually big. Where is the 2K-2.5K rated stuff. Go big or go home.

I think he needs to drop the HDC line to the mid level and do something that is actually big. Where is the 2K-2.5K rated stuff. Go big or go home.
You can already feed the current HDC 2k as long as you aren't an idiot. DJ himself is obviously confident with his special deals of 2 HDCs and 1 3500D, not the 2200D. But I'd agree, I'd like to see something rated at 2k to compete with the BTL and Lvl5.

Edit** And that motor looks like a supersized version of the SDC motor.

So do you have ANY idea what the pics are of? I'm guessing not...

You can already feed the current HDC 2k as long as you aren't an idiot. DJ himself is obviously confident with his special deals of 2 HDCs and 1 3500D, not the 2200D. But I'd agree, I'd like to see something rated at 2k to compete with the BTL and Lvl5.
Edit** And that motor looks like a supersized version of the SDC motor.
HDC's will take a LOT more then 1k. I run 2 3500's per sub for daily and have NEVER blown a sub. Wire down to .5ohm per amp for burps with no problems and will try .25ohm per before the year is over.

I think some people in this thread are confused or just stupid...

FWIW, my PERSONAL experience. I ran a single HD3 15" on an MM4000.1 daily at 3500~. I ran an HDC315A on a XXX-6500D daily at about 4000~, I have ran a pair of HDC312" on a Z1 daily at about 2200 each, and I have ran an HDC318 daily on a Memphis 4Kw.... Not a single problem with ANY of them. My uncle has been running his SDC10's on a MM2000.1D for about a year with no issues as well.

I have burped a single HDC315A (the same one I ran on the XXX-6500D daily) on a PAIR of XXX-6500D's strapped at 1ohm, full tilt. Also did a few "Xtreme" classes (30 second average on "music") with the 6500D's strapped at about 8Kw and then continued to run it daily for months afterwards. Never did blow, sold it to a buddy when I got my BTL18...

I think some people in this thread are confused or just stupid...
FWIW, my PERSONAL experience. I ran a single HD3 15" on an MM4000.1 daily at 3500~. I ran an HDC315A on a XXX-6500D daily at about 4000~, I have ran a pair of HDC312" on a Z1 daily at about 2200 each, and I have ran an HDC318 daily on a Memphis 4Kw.... Not a single problem with ANY of them. My uncle has been running his SDC10's on a MM2000.1D for about a year with no issues as well.

I have burped a single HDC315A (the same one I ran on the XXX-6500D daily) on a PAIR of XXX-6500D's strapped at 1ohm, full tilt. Also did a few "Xtreme" classes (30 second average on "music") with the 6500D's strapped at about 8Kw and then continued to run it daily for months afterwards. Never did blow, sold it to a buddy when I got my BTL18...
That's some abuse...

Good move on the gap vents. These also super stiff like the HDC3 and SDC2.5 I assume ?
Only got a few pics, no specs to speak of other then the 4" VC. But I'd assume DJ will make em stiff like the other subs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.