Aq Hdc3 15" Vs. Audiopulse Revo 15"

i know tings //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
So you do know that the Revos have the flatwound copper voicecoils right. Now go get the copper coiled HDC3 and we can compare

So you do know that the Revos have the flatwound copper voicecoils right. Now go get the copper coiled HDC3 and we can compare
I know this... and i still have my money on the HDc3 in thermal powerhandling, motor is a newer desgin with better cooling

you guys are acting like im saying the revo is a bad sub, im not saying that at all... its an awsome sub, it just wont have the output to keep up with a sub that was designed for the spl world...

you guys are also not realizing one key thing i said earlier...

but be my guest, do a side to side comparison... each in its optimum box at optimum tuning, then tell me which is louder
the AQ prefers higher tuning anyways (38-40hz)

the Tc9 (revo) prefers really low tuning (30-33hz) while this makes for a very good sounding driver, it also makes it really hard to put up numbers

of course all this is in reference to using the drivers in Daily setups

THE RMS POWER RATINGS DONT MEAN SHIT
Your right they don't thats why hardly any subs you can buy now a days don't even say what there rated rms is. Who cares how much a speaker can handle thermally over a long period of time. YA know

Your right they don't thats why hardly any subs you can buy now a days don't even say what there rated rms is. Who cares how much a speaker can handle thermally over a long period of time. YA know
some loud speaker manufactuers (AQ) purposely underrate their subs so it pretty much makes it impossible to blow them feeding them "rated" power (even when your clipping the **** out of your amp)

you can call Dj himself and ask him what the thermal powerhandling of the HDc3 is (even the copper coil)... i promise its more than 1000 watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

some loud speaker manufactuers (AQ) purposely underrate their subs so it pretty much makes it impossible to blow them feeding them "rated" power

you can call Dj himself and ask him what the thermal powerhandling of the HDc3 is (even the copper coil)... i promise its more than 1000 watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
And thilo gave a lifetime warranty with his drivers @ 1500wrms he had to calculate some type of DAF in there

And thilo gave a lifetime warranty with his drivers @ 1500wrms he had to calculate some type of DAF in there
who said i the AQ would blow at 1500 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

im not talking about warranties here and you guys are the ones who brought up powerhandling

The OP's question asked which would be louder in a daily setup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RAB

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
RAB
georgetown, tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date