Aq Hdc3 15" Vs. Audiopulse Revo 15"

who said i the AQ would blow at 1500 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

im not talking about warranties here and you guys are the ones who brought up powerhandling

The OP's question asked which would be louder in a daily setup
THE REVO

who said i the AQ would blow at 1500 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

im not talking about warranties here and you guys are the ones who brought up powerhandling

The OP's question asked which would be louder in a daily setup
What I meant by mentioning the warranty is do you really think that 1500 is even close to what it's really capable of handling over a long period of time?

What I meant by mentioning the warranty is do you really think that 1500 is even close to what it's really capable of handling over a long period of time?
feeding it more than 1800 for any long period of time would be a bad idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I'm sure he changed somethings on it since it was a prototype. When he answers I'm gonna put the B.S. Flag up
put it up... i know what i had and i have no problem saying what happened to it...

while its an awsome sub im just saying its rated close to its true thermal power handling

i love TC products and the way they sound but you guys have the logic of 5 year olds

do your really understand how much harder it is to put up "x" number at 33hz as oppsed to putting the same number up at 40hz?

the revo would have to be a far better sub to put up a higher number at a frequency that much lower

keep in mind these are the reccomended tuning frequencys of each of the drivers in question

i feel i have proven my point and anyone with basic reasoning skill will see who actually understands what they are talking about

put it up... i know what i had and i have no problem saying what happened to it...
while its an awsome sub im just saying its rated close to its true thermal power handling

i love TC products and the way they sound but you guys have the logic of 5 year olds

do your really understand how much harder it is to put up "x" number at 33hz as oppsed to putting the same number up at 40hz?

the revo would have to be a far better sub to put up a higher number at a frequency that much lower

keep in mind these are the reccomended tuning frequencys of each of the drivers in question

i feel i have proven my point and anyone with basic reasoning skill will see who actually understands what they are talking about

What your saying is the HDC3 will get louder only being tuned higher. This is where the better power handling comes in to play on the Revo. If they were both droped in the same box and given it's own rated power which one is going to be louder?

What your saying is the HDC3 will get louder only being tuned higher. This is where the better power handling comes in to play on the Revo. If they were both droped in the same box and given it's own rated power which one is going to be louder?
being tuned that much higher already gives it a big advantage...

and where did the op ever say anything about giving the sub its "rated" power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

here:

say the AQ is not a better sub than the Revo.... say they are the same, except the AQ has a different suspension build that requires it to be tuned to 40hz for daily and the revo has a suspension setup that requires it to be tuned to 33hz for daily

will the AQ sound better? more than likely not

wil it be louder? absolutely

Edit: and I already adressed this issue about power handling, the HDc3 obviously handles much more than rated power... how many ppl do you know of that have blown HDc3's on 1000 watts? or even 1500 watts?

the AQ's motor is a much newer design with much better cooling capabilities, so even if it had the exact same copper coil, it would still handle more power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RAB

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
RAB
georgetown, tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date