AQ 2200.1 Wired at .5 ohms?

I'm pretty sure it is... went from 80 amp stock alternator to 170 amp with an XS Power big 3 upgrade, slightly bigger hood battery, and a kinetik HC800. Maybe I need a second Kinetik? I really don't want anything to happen to that amp, so I'm trusting you guys to tell me if .5 ohm is safe haha.

given that your electrical is up to par, you can run it at .5ohms and expect around 2.5 - 2.6k rms
Could you strap 2 at .5 ohm without issue?

As for OP, I have heard of people running them at .5 daily without issue. But you do need the electrical, which appears you likely do.

UPDATE: In addition to my upgraded alternator, XS Power Big 3, and slightly larger hood battery, I am now going with all XS Power 0 guage and 4 Kinetik HC600s in the back. I think that should be good enough with my alternator making 170 amps at 1200rpm.

BTW this will be a Soundqubed build with 1 HDC 3.0 18" in an '97 Acura Integra. That's why I'm wondering if I should go D2 or D1 on the sub. They are backed up to almost 4 weeks on the D2 wired to 1 ohm, but have plenty of D1 in stock down to .5 ohm.

Get the D1 sub and a volt meter. If voltage drops bad then back off on the gain. With proper electrical that amp will live all day at .5ohm. With crappy electrical it won't be happy....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.