AQ 1200d + 18" FI Q sealed in 91 blazer

Yep on the whole aero thing. Big enough box to just do that too. Looks good and also agree at everyone saying how small the amp looks. Kinda surprising, but they say it does rated power, so the smaller the better, I say.

Looks good!

That box is almost big enough to throw a port in it if you're not satisfied with it sealed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Looks good though.

I was actually thinking about that the other day. If i'm not satisfied i'll have to give that a thought. Shouldn't be hard at all to cut a couple circles in there. We'll see in 2 days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Looks good so far! I'm about to buy the 1200D in the future. Definitely post more pics and/or video's when you get her runnin'!

6.7 cubes is big for a sealed. Like you said, if this doesn't satisfy you then I'm sure switching over to ported will. Either way, as long as you're happy with the output that's all that matters. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyway, looks great!

Finished the install. Took me a little longer than expected because I had to run up to Best Buy and by some new RCA cables because the ones I had where pure crap. I'll have some more photos and a vid tomorrow but it got dark and I live in spitting distance of my neighbors. Also I dont no if its just that I haven't been in the game awhile or not but if somebody has had a FIQ 18" in a 6+cuft sealed enclosure and wasn't happy with the output had to do something wrong. This setup I have is absolutely obnoxious. There's no way i'm building a ported box for this speaker, couldn't imagine it being worth the work cause its just loud as F**k. I'm glad me and my buddies first box we ever built was succesful though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. I'll be back tomorrow guys with some more pics and Vids

Finished the install. Took me a little longer than expected because I had to run up to Best Buy and by some new RCA cables because the ones I had where pure crap. I'll have some more photos and a vid tomorrow but it got dark and I live in spitting distance of my neighbors. Also I dont no if its just that I haven't been in the game awhile or not but if somebody has had a FIQ 18" in a 6+cuft sealed enclosure and wasn't happy with the output had to do something wrong. This setup I have is absolutely obnoxious. There's no way i'm building a ported box for this speaker, couldn't imagine it being worth the work cause its just loud as F**k. I'm glad me and my buddies first box we ever built was succesful though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. I'll be back tomorrow guys with some more pics and Vids
oh it does have output in a sealed enclosure. but ported it is night and day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you'd have to do 4x 4" aeros.. I have 3 now and people are tellin me im a little underported...

And FYI to everyone sayin thats a big box for sealed.. Im pretty sure FI recommends 5 or 6cu. MINIMUM for a sealed box on this sub... Ported box starts at 6cu. ft up to 10... you may be a cu. ft. under spec if you go ported... I recently went from sealed to ported, and im MUCH happier ported.. Can't even tell a diff. in SQ

Allright here some pics of the speaker when it arrived and the speaker installed. I got a couple vids. For some reason my camera didn't pick up sound very well but theres some decent flex and some pretty nice excursion shots so here there are.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/giants25al/P9240002.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/giants25al/P9260003.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/giants25al/P9260004.jpg

2 vids.

on late nite tip I noticed my clipping lite blinked once or twice so I gotta back the gain down a touch. For some reason though thats the only song it ever blinks on. Oh well better safe then sorry. lol also i noticed i'm not that great with the camera 1 to many energy drinks today Hope you guys like it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.