AQ 1200 and system issues

YoungBonne12

I've had my Jl Jx 360/4 hooked up to my head unit for about a year now with little to no issues. I just bought an aq 1200 off MR FOCA for my fi ssd 10. It was hooked up for 4 days and sounded fantastic, then yesterday during an hour+ trip to the lake, the sub shut off, and the highs starting getting really scratchy and fading, then stopped. So I shut the head unit off. Did the same for the rest of the trip. I let my car sit, and just turned my secondary battery back on for 30 seconds of play time. It all worked fine. Shut my car off, then turned it back on. The highs are fine, but the AQ 1200 won't turn on. Checked fuses, all the wiring, wired it from the high's source that worked fine, nothing. The AQ is just dead. I'm hoping it's something dumb. I just got the amp and really don't want to buy another. Thanks all

If its not powering on at all then its either a bad amp, bad remote wire, bad ground, bad power line.

Either way something may have fried or disconnected or is being squeezed to the point of a cut line.

So I haven't pulled the back off of the amp, but I'll try that and see if there's anything noticeable. I just don't see why it won't power on after that one click of the key from on to off to on

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Fuses are fine btw. Not sure if I mentioned that originally

So I haven't pulled the back off of the amp, but I'll try that and see if there's anything noticeable. I just don't see why it won't power on after that one click of the key from on to off to on 

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Fuses are fine btw. Not sure if I mentioned that originally
Just check all your wires first and if you see its all fine then get a small wire that in the remote position on the amp and tap it on the power wire just to see if it is a head unit issue.

My highs amp works fine though. That's the thing, and I even hooked the aq up with all the high's power ground and remote, still nothing. I touched the power and ground together when the car was off and didn't get a very big spark. Is that normal with a small battery like mine?

My highs amp works fine though. That's the thing, and I even hooked the aq up with all the high's power ground and remote, still nothing. I touched the power and ground together when the car was off and didn't get a very big spark. Is that normal with a small battery like mine?
Say that again?!? Are the grounds connected to a battery or ran on dist block or all connected to the same bolt???

Sharing the remote wire is fine, but the ground is important especially from a higher watt amp since all the power cant be transferred out when its being shared to much pushing more power then capable.

All grounds are to one bolt on the chassis (3 total, highs, sub, battery). I've never had a problem from this with my old amp (PDX 1k)
Multiple grounds can cause issues especially if its a stock ground. Your case may not be the same, but its always good to test different grounds also just in case especially if your amp is not turning on.

Id still check out the guts of the amp to see if it has fried in anyway.

Update: when I wired the remote straight from the power supply, the amp clicked inside, but did not turn on, when the remote was removed, it clicked again, but still no lights.

Note: clicking seems to be coming from relay "handouk ra-a12s"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.