Appropriate time to upgrade signal strength?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ItsHammer

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
When and why would you want a signal higher than 4 or 5 volt preouts? For instance my pioneer head unit has 4v preouts, and I know signal strength is important so I was thinking about buying an audiocontrol overdrive to boost signal strength but would it even be noticeable? As far as sound quality or output goes? When is a good time to get something like this? All I'm running atm is head unit, and an amped front stage.

Once your signal is strong it doesn't really need to be ridiculous. That can actually cause problems with some amps where you'll have to lower the signal intensity because the gain's at 0 but it's still too loud. I think 5v honestly is enough, but maybe if you have power wire or RCAs based on that signal running all over the place you could boost it to like 7v, but I wouldn't unless I got hiss.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.