Anything Wrong With This Box?

[quote name='AceAnderson']Unfortunately not, it's an actual wall[/QUOTE]

u cn do round port outside of box pull rear deck speakers and run port/s through speaker hole.. or just pull rear speakers so bass can come into car (if u have rear deck speakers) i'm helping a guy in ny that has cadillac his seat don't fold either, other guy here has a gto with gas tank in trunk, gotta be a way for it to work.. some peeps do say sealed is better if u can't pull seat down @losistool

[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']u cn do round port outside of box pull rear deck speakers and run port/s through speaker hole.. or just pull rear speakers so bass can come into car (if u have rear deck speakers) i'm helping a guy in ny that has cadillac his seat don't fold either, other guy here has a gto with gas tank in trunk, gotta be a way for it to work.. some peeps do say sealed is better if u can't pull seat down @losistool[/QUOTE]
I would say this would work with a 4th order or a 6th order but I don't think I'd do it with just a normal Ported enclosure. Separating the waves that much and only having the port entering the cab doesn't seem like it would sound good. Although if he does pull the rear speakers and just does a normal Ported or sealed box, it would probably help the sound enter the cab.

Don't separate the subwoofer airspace from the port airspace!!!! Bad idea!!!

You need to brace that front baffle. I would take a few inches wide piece of MDF and attach it in between the subs.

L7's can work well with low port area. I've done L7's with as little as 10 in^2 per cube and actually built it, it was two L7 15's in 10 cubes with 100 in^2 of port area @33-34 hz. Loud as f*ck. I've done a lot of other designs, L7's don't have a relatively high port velocity.

If I was you, I would lower the box size to 5.5-6 cubes and bring the tuning down to 32 hz, aim for a port area of 11-12 in^2 per cube (net).

You need to brace that front baffle. I would take a few inches wide piece of MDF and attach it in between the subs.

L7's can work well with low port area. I've done L7's with as little as 10 in^2 per cube and actually built it, it was two L7 15's in 10 cubes with 100 in^2 of port area @33-34 hz. Loud as f*ck. I've done a lot of other designs, L7's don't have a relatively high port velocity.

If I was you, I would lower the box size to 5.5-6 cubes and bring the tuning down to 32 hz, aim for a port area of 11-12 in^2 per cube (net).
I agree... those subs will flex your baffle and any large panels as it is... maybe brace it like this... this is different but similar to how he describes...

IRGG4Vh.jpg

It may be exactly how he describes... LOL!

Huh?

Good call, will do

That's good to know

I want the extra space and the higher tuning. Their current box is similar, 7ft @ 30hz. The lows are just stupid but I want some transparency in the higher notes too so I'm pretty happy with that design
Is the current consensus just to remove the deck speakers?

Is the current consensus just to remove the deck speakers?
yes, for imaging and focusing on your front stage midrange output, not for more bass from the trunk.

loading the subs and port will net you the best results without actual removing that rear wall. the trunks ive heard that are actually loud have a big opening where the reat seat would be and two 12s facing forward through the hole

If you want a wider range, lower the box volume some. 32 hz, medium box size and that smallish port I was talking about will extend your range. 7 cubes is too big for those, and you sound like you have a low end one note wonder in a way. Smaller box will allow for better sound production from a wider range of frequencies than what you have.

If you want a wider range, lower the box volume some. 32 hz, medium box size and that smallish port I was talking about will extend your range. 7 cubes is too big for those, and you sound like you have a low end one note wonder in a way. Smaller box will allow for better sound production from a wider range of frequencies than what you have.
I've got a "whale song" demo box and it's great... it'll play under 25 hz pretty good....but recently changed to a 46 hz burp box and I can honestly say that a tune at about 36-38 hz is probably what I'll end up with in my daily setup... the 30 hz tune loses too much overall volume for me... it may kill it playing DJSNT but that is not ALL I listen to... I thought I wanted 30 hz tuned and it was cool for awhile but I'll tune a little higher for daily...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.