Anything as good as JL 10w6 for SQ but less expensive?

I had an IDQ10 D4 V.2 in a sealed box back in 2003 but I blew it with a California 600m amp. Don't think it went down very low but to me, it sounded accurate. It was supposed to take 250 watts RMS. I hardly ever cranked it up. Not sure why it blew. Only paid $120 at the time.

I concur. I owned a W6v2 several years ago, which reigned as my favorite all-time sounding sub for a few years. Then (before I was a dealer) I had a chance to snag a pair of IDQ12 v3 for a deal. I never looked back. The W6 sounded great, but compared to the IDQ, the W6 sounded "thicker" than the IDQ. The IDQs can produce some serious output for a SQ sub. And with the new, lower pricing, I don't think you can beat them.
I've also installed a pair of Dayton HO 12s in a buddy's car and while they do sound good, they just don't seem to have as much output with the same amount of power as the IDQs, and they don't dig as low.

I had an IDQ10 D4 V.2 in a sealed box back in 2003 but I blew it with a California 600m amp. Don't think it went down very low but to me, it sounded accurate. It was supposed to take 250 watts RMS. I hardly ever cranked it up. Not sure why it blew. Only paid $120 at the time.
The IDQ v2 is a completely different animal than the v3/v4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.