anyone with S15L5's help!!

Tayta_Mayne
10+ year member

i am getting a S15L5, after blowing my audiobung. im thinking of something in the area of 3 cubic feet. im going for loudness mostly, but with some good sound quality, something like 60-70spl 30-40 sq. dont really wanna port. i like sealed boxes best. so if anyone has any suggestions please help me out. oh and its gonna be in the trunk of a sentra with fold down rear seats if that helps any at all thanks

good price,and it seems like a good sub for my amp that i just got. Do the L5's sound bad in a sealed box? i mean i can build a ported box if you think it would be that bad without, but i wanted to keep it simple. Plus i heard you can have problems going to far away from your tuning zone, but i dont know much about the hole ported thing.my father is a carpenter so im sure it could come out really nice. my first box looks store bought because he helped.

i really dont get the whole port concept i mean i get the concept of how it works. I just have heard that for sq sealed boxes are better, plus the whole thing about going outside your tuning zone. can anyone help me with the tuning zone and how it works?

Building a properly built ported box is the only way to go unless you are really really into auidiophile sound quality, and it will be alot louder. The "sound quality" of a sealed box is barley noticable over a properly built ported enclosure. What dimensions do you have to work with and how much power do you have fior this sub?

I was thinking of going sealed for safety reasons (im scared to over excurt the sub). plus its just for a daily driver no comps or anything. But i do wanna be able to get LOUD when i want to. Im thinking something like 3 to 4 cubic feet. What do you think?

i dont know about proting, i mean i dont know how to tune it and all that. plus im really scared to over excurt the sub i have done that before, ended with a shot up speaker that no longer worked

in terms of porting and SQ. the Focal recomends porting the untopies!! so puff on that. a porperly designed and build ported box will still yeild awsome SQ and give you kick as SPL. i only seal where space is a factor

w-41 d-24 h-16 3/4 and i have an A8000t 800wrms amp
thats what space i got. i really need someone to come up wit all the specs and such for me. i know squat about porting. And if i made a big enough sealed box would it really be too big of a difference? sorry im new to actual car audio instead lil stupid kids that think a port is just a hole cut in your box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.