Anyone stainesed MDF. pics?

x2 on fleckstone or hammered. I use them all the time and they look nice and will cover an unperfect surface, so it doesn't have to be smooth as a baby's ass.

Wally World has several colors of fleckstone, but I've never been able to fine blue or red hammertone locally.

Thanks for the input guys. I think you just convinced me to use the hammered paint. I've used it before on my bumpers/axles/springs ect., but wasn't sure how it would look on a sub box. I've got it downstairs already leftover from past stuff, so that's what I'll go with.

UCF52, thanks for posting the pics, you convinced me to go with hammered instead of ugly flat black.

Thanks for the input guys. I think you just convinced me to use the hammered paint. I've used it before on my bumpers/axles/springs ect., but wasn't sure how it would look on a sub box. I've got it downstairs already leftover from past stuff, so that's what I'll go with.
UCF52, thanks for posting the pics, you convinced me to go with hammered instead of ugly flat black.
You got it man. Post up some pics when you get it finished; I may try out the hammered paint as well.

I've covered MDF and different types of plywood with a thin coat of resin, sanded it, primed it and painted it with automotive paint to match the vehicle it was going in and it turned out pretty nice...

I used fleckstone for the first time the other day, for now on I'll be using in to cover the insides of all ampracks and similar projects I do
I was just looking at your thread that has the Powerbass install in the Jetta, that is fleckstone inside of the amprack correct?

Well, I have to sand it down smooth anyway, so might as well see if it's possible/how it looks to stain MDF. I would assume the smooth layer would have to be sanded off, but i will be doing that anyway, and I would clear coat after if stained.
Building my box in shop class because the tools are set up vs digging through the shed to get to them, and can't test until Monday, and that's when I'd like to stain it if it's possible. If I don't like it, I can eventually carpet it, but I want to see if staining's possible first.

I'd appreciate any pics:cool:
Off topic, but you're not the only one on here with a Scout. I have a 1978 Scout II. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Except, I have a Scout II 'Selective Edition.' It's beat up, quite a bit, but I plan on restoring it, once I find another Scout.

Off topic, but you're not the only one on here with a Scout. I have a 1978 Scout II. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Except, I have a Scout II 'Selective Edition.' It's beat up, quite a bit, but I plan on restoring it, once I find another Scout.
cool, kind of surprised, I never thought someone into car audio would own a scout. Just figured i'm kind of an oddball:crazy: I'll post up a pic of mine in summer mode when I post the box pics.

Here's mine. Has done some serious crawling, all on stock suspension. I've put the 'big dogs' to shame down here. It's currently in the shop, 'cause of the rear axle. All them dents are from me, before I knew that this was a 'rare' vehicle. I may have found another exactly like mine, but he's wanting $4,000 for it. 50,000 miles on it though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif Great trucks, and would never give mine up. The white truck next to it, is my summer truck, it's a '79 Chevy Silverado, and it's a ***** compared to this one...

ScoutII002.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.