Anyone seen/used dd sw6.5 subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list
i used to love running a pair in my old chevy. made a nice. .37 cube enclosure in the door and ran them 63hz to 120hz. but when i turn my subs of i turned the subsonic filter off and let them wang. in a sealed box they played nice down to at least 35hz possibly lower never really tested them. like i said i loved running them as midbass, and letting the dd components run 100hz on up. i fed mine 250rms and they were fine they didnt need more power though we did toss them on a t6002 and they didnt like it too much they tended to bottom out but this was around 350rms and i could of crossed them at 63 and they wouldve handled it fine. ever really wanted to use them as true subs but id say a pair should be just as louds as 1 1508 if done properly.

still dd woofers have never failed to impress me when used properly. though my one 2510 would do all a pair of those would do and then some. while costing less and handling more power. the box doesnt need to be big at all 1.27 cubes did well for me in my regular cab chevy and even tuned to 40hz i could still reach 30hz no problem

I have seen them take way more then rated..I do mean WAY more. They suspension fails around 500-1k depending on the enclosure and such...

Nice subs if you can get them for a good deal.

Yeah I was thinking about making a shocker system with two of these guys ported and seeing how people react to seeing two little 6.5inch subs.

I have two wired at 4 ohms in a ported box running on a autotek M1400.4. Honestly sounds like two solid 10" woofers.

Check out my videos on Youtube. Just type in DD Audio SW6.5

I had to get one and put it in a t-line. ****.... It did what I wanted. Its now in a .456 ft^3 ported to 37 Hz. in my trailblazer. I love it.

2F227653-orig.jpg

6E964233-orig.jpg

C1F04FD1-orig.jpg

C2F49321-orig.jpg

help host a show a while back, and just for fun I burped it in the .456 ft^3 ported enclosure in the side wall, powered by a Memphis Belle, @ 2ohms 600 watts or so, did a 140.0 dB flat!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.