Anyone put a sub in the rear deck between the 6x9s?

It was popular in the early days of car audio to run 4 10's mounted IB behind the seat. This was before most sedans had fold down rear seats and a ski pass. It was also common to cut the sheet metal on the rear deck and mount a pair of 10's or 12's IB along with 6x9's, or 4 10's behind the seat and 4 6x9's on the rear deck.

I had a '79 T/A with 4 10's behind the seat with an RF Power 300. Was going to put another 4 10's on the rear deck, but never got around to it.

A single 10 or 12 on the rear deck would work just fine, either IB or in an enclosure. The enclosure would give you the benefit of greater power handling and therefore more output, but IB has it's advantages as well. You don't have to use as much power and you'll get very nice low end. Heck you could think about ditching the 6x9's, do a pair of subs and some 4" or 5.25" if you want a little rear fill.

Nope never thought of that one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Apr-2009021.jpg

It wouldnt be too difficult, it'd just take some metal cutting in the rear deck and securely mounting an enclosure for it flush with the rear deck and then reupholster and it'd look pretty decent

I was thinking about it and perhaps if you have a solid metal deck you could cut the hole and mount it directly the rear deck then mount a box to the metal as well.

It would be difficult to support properly though... Hit a large pot hole and you could tear the whole box right off the deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.