Anyone know specs for the older Ascendant Audio Havoc 12

Participant count
  • Participant list
Greetings,

For those of you that kept track of my other thread, my Ascendant Audio Havoc 12 should be arriving on Thursday. However, I have a bit of a problem. IF you go to any of the websites that sell Ascendant, the Havoc sub currently available is very different from the Havoc sub that was selling just a couple of weeks ago.

The Havoc that I am getting is the model with the all black inverted dustcap that has the little AA flash on the bottom........cast 9-spoke frame...........triple stacked magnet on the back.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out the specs, or at least somewhere I might be able to find the specs for it so I will know what I'm working with.

Also, I'm planning on building a sealed box this weekend ( maybe two - one sealed / one ported ) and I really need to know what cu/ft the sub need to perform well, and then if I decide to build a ported box, as well, what size it needs, as well as what freq the port needs to be tuned to.

I'm probably going to either be bridging a RF 801s at 4 Ohms or putting a RF 1200bdcp onto it at 1 Ohm ( its Dual 2 Ohm ), which should come out to approximately the same amount of power. I'm leaning toward buying the 1200, though, just because the difference in sound quality between a newer RF 600-4 and an old RF 501s and 250a2 on my highs and mids is actually very noticeable. The newer amp just gives a much fuller, more realistic and lifelike sound. Not to say that the older RF amps are not great. They are built like tanks and put out great power, but the difference between the two was like the difference between listening to a live concert from the 15th row and listening to a concert taking place at the end of a 200 foot long giant concrete culvert. The sound was there and it was loud, but it just wasn't "present".

So, in addition to the info on the sub, if anyone has a RF 600-4 or a RF 1000 or 1200 for sale, hit me up.

Thanks!

Para

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.