anyone know how to take apart a woofer

sounds like its bottoming out and its hitting full excursion.

might be tinsel lead slap though. thats where the little silver strings that go into the center of the speaker that are attached to the speaker terminals hit the underside of the cone.

definetly not bottoming out and its not the tinsels either, it seems like the cone could be seperated. I've had that happen in the past and I sent it in and tehy fixed it for me in like a day.

I was thinking maybe I could do that too.

nope, its the cone that makes most of the noise actually. U can even tap it in certain places and it makes a buzzing sound

no idea about the voltage but that can't be it. They've been working fine untill I put this back in the back of my trunk and it could have been hitting the woofer or touching it.

I remember back in the day there were discusion about how the cone seperates from something and there's an easy way to fix it i think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.