Anyone know how to install a Kill switch for amps???

fire919
10+ year member

can someone tell me how to do this....like what exactly do i need/instuctions (don't wanna catch a fire)...is it as simple as placing the switch on the primary power wire and grounding the other prong....and if it has 3 prongs then connect the third to a remote lead.

Sweet......except i have a Capacitor hooked up and use it as a distribution block for my amps and it dosn't use a remote wire, it comes on as long as there is power. how do i shut that off.....and no i don't want to toss it.

Sweet......except i have a Capacitor hooked up and use it as a distribution block for my amps and it dosn't use a remote wire, it comes on as long as there is power. how do i shut that off.....and no i don't want to toss it.
What do you mean it comes on as long as there is power? Then it should be on all the time because it should be connected in parallel with your battery right? More importantly, why do you need to worry about shutting that off? Is this a kill switch to turn your amps off quickly or to turn them off when you shut your car off? If it's the latter you shouldn't need this if the remote wire is connected correctly...

Years ago, a buddy of mine had a hidden remote turn on kill switch that he would use when pulled over by the cops for noise violations. He would make up some BS story about his system malfunctioning, hence the reason for the loud music. Shockingly, his BS excuse worked about 75% of the time.

Seriously. If you go to radioshack they have toggle switches for ~1$, possibly less. Just cut your remote wire and connect one end of the wire on one end of the switch and the other end of the wire on the other end of the switch.... and even if your using your capacitor as a "distro block" you would still have to have a remote wire connected to an ignition or a remote on the back of your radio

2010-02-14132012.jpg
[/img]

i read he wants to hook up his 4 gauge? to a switch and ground the other prong and if its a 3 prong wants to put remote lead on..............i was just posting a pic but didnt reply...i ignored such a silly question my sincere apologies

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.