Anyone in or around Nashville?

Let me take a look at your box, I know a couple things about boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
It's my favorite box of all time, but I'm running outta Xmax a little. Mostly Flat SQ response from 20 to 100 hz!! I am far exceeding my sub's RMS rating though.

I definitely respect solid box building skills. I concur that box design and build quality plays the biggest role in the actual system results.

lulz at bucks box building skills... LULLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Hey, I don't have any tools. Cut me a break yo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif
Hey, I don't have any tools. Cut me a break yo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
haha, yea i guess i can cut you a break since you voted for me in SOTM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif, but for the rest of you, ONLY A WEEK LEFT AND THE VOTE IS SUPER CLOSE!!!! get over there and vote for my chevelle in system of the month!! it only takes a few seconds to register if you already arent, zx10intn!!!

September 2011 SOTM Vote - Sponsored by Audio Savings - SMD Forum

So, I heard Buck's system today. I've never heard a system that loud, and I'm 31. I could barely breathe in that thing lol. When I was 19, it was RARE for someone my age to have something much louder than 2 12s on like a 500 watt bridged 2 channel amp. Class D monoblocks were rarely used by regular car audio hobbyists back then. Same with > 14 mm or so Xmax subs. Most were like 6 - 10 mm Xmax. I wish I would have kept my old Phoenix Gold amp from my only install back in the day. Didn't get back into audio whatsoever until 2 years ago when I stumbled into Cartronics looking for 6x9 boxes lol

So, I heard Buck's system today. I've never heard a system that loud, and I'm 31. I could barely breathe in that thing lol. When I was 19, it was RARE for someone my age to have something much louder than 2 12s on like a 500 watt bridged 2 channel amp. Class D monoblocks were rarely used by regular car audio hobbyists back then. Same with > 14 mm or so Xmax subs. Most were like 6 - 10 mm Xmax. I wish I would have kept my old Phoenix Gold amp from my only install back in the day. Didn't get back into audio whatsoever until 2 years ago when I stumbled into Cartronics looking for 6x9 boxes lol
systems are a lot louder these days than what they use to be

Glad you liked the system man. Don't tell anyone how fugly it was.
The duct tape may be a little raw lol. But, seriously, your system is way over the top. I've never seen such a fridge of a box in a vehicle. Looks normal on the outside. Inside = 2 seats, giant box, subs, amps, batteries, etc. I'm curious though. Did you HAVE to sacrifice your sunroof?

Apparently so. BTW, can you tell me more about "Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3"
that setup was with a DD M3 on one DD 99z12...i actually could do over a 152 with a DD M4 which was considered a 1000 watt amp in USACi after I ran it so that put me in 1000 up with a 151.9 ...they go on 4 ohm rating....that setup was designed to play music...i could've got louder on the meter if i had designed it for spl....it was sorta built in between tuned at 45hz....i saw someone had a DD M3 for sale on here for $500 that was same model i used

that setup was with a DD M3 on one DD 99z12...i actually could do over a 152 with a DD M4 which was considered a 1000 watt amp in USACi after I ran it so that put me in 1000 up with a 151.9 ...they go on 4 ohm rating....that setup was designed to play music...i could've got louder on the meter if i had designed it for spl....it was sorta built in between tuned at 45hz....i saw someone had a DD M3 for sale on here for $500 that was same model i used
That's insane. It took me hearing Buck's system to get a mental reference of what 146 dbs sounds like. I wouldn't mind some more SPL out of my trunk, but I stubbornly refuse to tune above 25 hz for SQ reasons, and my Saturn L200 is hard pressed to have HO alts available for it. That, and I haven't bothered learning how exactly extra batteries work in a system. I do have a Kinetik 1800 under the hood with 0 AWG wires everywhere.

That's insane. It took me hearing Buck's system to get a mental reference of what 146 dbs sounds like. I wouldn't mind some more SPL out of my trunk, but I stubbornly refuse to tune above 25 hz for SQ reasons, and my Saturn L200 is hard pressed to have HO alts available for it. That, and I haven't bothered learning how exactly extra batteries work in a system. I do have a Kinetik 1800 under the hood with 0 AWG wires everywhere.
My Mustang is running a stock alternator with Saleen under drive pullies...so my voltage stays low...I only have 2 runs of 4g going back one pos and one neg since its a unibody...the front battery at the time was a Batcap 2000 and the cables fed a 2nd Batcap 2000 in the rear...with more voltage and stronger batteries I could've easily seen 153's...if i built it strictly for SPL with voltage it wouldve been mid 154's...which wouldve been nice in a trunk ...i ran the DD M4 and the same box and sub in a spl setup in my Steeda Focus and it did a 153 flat just wired to a battery in the trunk...so 12.6v's...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...