Anyone in or around Nashville?

i lold pretty hard!!
What's up bro? I'll be down there sometime tomorrow. There is supposedly an old school that we need to measure out.

You liking this weather today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Buck, is the Explorer still kickin' or no?

Starting to get chilly up here in Alberta.

I've already got plans under way for next summer haha. When are you going to realize SQ and cosmetically appealing is the way to go? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Yea man! There is one tomorrow. We had another oldschool come in today for a box so we need your skills for this box too!!
btw

toyota > ford
Buck' date=' is the Explorer still kickin' or no?
Starting to get chilly up here in Alberta.

I've already got plans under way for next summer haha. When are you going to realize SQ and cosmetically appealing is the way to go? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif[/quote']

You would like Mr. Grubbs, Bumpin'.

The Exploder is still kickin' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I work in Nashville and live in Smyrna. Good shops in Nashville include 12 Gauge Audio and Street Sounds. Stay far away from Cartronics. Shoddy work for lots of $$$ there.

Thanks for the props man! Stop by anytime!
Brandon, this is Daniel with the gold Saturn. Is "Buck" Dave from 12 Gauge?

BTW, I tossed my recent box a couple days after I last saw you guys. I forgot about some practicality issues designing that one. If I had a flat tire, I would have to remove the sub from the box before being able to lift it up, and it's a royal pain to even get out of the trunk at all. Plus, I was missing a lot of output in the higher bass, so I resolved to build a new box with a traditional shape, and I wanted to try some different techniques.

The new one (in my avatar ^) has a folded port that takes a 90 degree turn and then a 180 degree turn, with 45s in each corner and all inner port edges rounded off. It's 2.5 net cubes @ 25 hz, and is by far my best sounding box ever. The output is now the same whether playing high or low bass, no distortion, and it DESTROYS the lows all the way down to 20 hz. I may cruise by later in the week. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I may cruise by tomorrow afternoon if everything is kosher at work. I'm bummed that I discovered my sub is bottoming out on low notes above tuning from over excursion, but only at full power (DMM reading @ 2.5 ohms (dunno why JBL did that) translates to 715 watts on a 50 hz test tone at volume 20). I could pile blocks in the box to reduce the net volume to 2.0 cubes @ 28 hz, but I may leave it alone. I generally only listen to bass music to show off what one moderate power 12 can do in the right install, but the 2.5 cubes box sounds beautiful and tight for regular music, so I'm afraid to lose its lucky magic.

Let me take a look at your box, I know a couple things about boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...