Anyone here with experience with Genesis amps ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Addano
10+ year member

would like to know if anyone here has any experience with these amps.

The power rating on these is way off.

my stereo 100 that Genesis say is 2 x 50 genesis watts gives much more sound quality and alot more power than my Kenwood 2 x 100 rms watt amp. and i´m just running it at 4 ohm and 12v it can go up to 18v and down to 2 ohm.

Are the power ratings on Genesis just to conservative or are the "big brands" just selling us fake ratings ?

Any info would be nice.

Ok, thanks guys.. Been a long time since I was into car stereos. my first system when i was 18 was a Genesis + DLS system with 2 stereo 100´s 2 12" dm´s and ok dls speakers all round ( not the reference series ) Just got 3 Genesis amps yesterday that look like new and tested by a pro ( 1 dual mono and 2 stereo 100´s ) for 300$, here in Iceland that´s a steal, stopped selling them here some years ago because they were to expensive.

Any suggestions for a 10" woofer or a 12" that fits into a small box. need to get the kid stuff into the trunk. preferably with dual coils, will use the dual mono bridged and prob. running at 14.4 v haven´t decided yet. Don´t need to much noise, want to get clear quality sound.

oh and one more thing. Soundstream tarantula speakers ? got 2 sst 6.9 for the back and 2 decent ones for the front + there are 2 original tweeters in front

( old audi a4 ) Any chance i´m gonna get quality sound out of these ? got them new in box for next to nothing . (20$.. trying to do this on a budget )

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.