Anyone heard 2 10w6v3s vs 2 12w3v3? Also some SQ and amp questions.. THANKS

I just dont really like the idea of running my system for 6-10hrs at a time @ 1 ohm... Is it really no difference? Ive heard 1 ohm produces alot of heat?
How would you best power 2 10w6v3s?

I see a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D for $200 that runs

RMS Power @ 4 ohms

600 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 2 ohms

1200 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 1 ohm

1700 watts x 1 channels

Do I wanna trust Hifonics for SQ tho?
SQ and hifonics... lol plz, even though i run hifonics, they are budget power, not quality power, not very good efficiency and its a power hog. Look up sundown, DC audio, Digital Designs, Incriminator audio, Mmats, Soundqubed/audioque, CT sounds if you want high quality build, power and efficiency. You can run 1 ohm like nothing all you would need to do is big 3 upgrade (google/youtube this up if you dont know) with 0 gauge wire. Heat is mainly from low voltage drop, if your electrical system gets a small boost then your voltages should stay high enough so you dont have to worry about it. Its also never truely 1 ohm since your going to have impedance rise.

Ya I dont mind doing a big 3 swap and/or getting a high output alternator. I really dont want any light dim, and dont want to add a 2nd batt. Might get HID lights anyway (they dont dim regardless) but i want a robust electrical system anyway..

Sundown looks nice... 500$ for 1200Wrms is about the same as alpine.. Would you say sundown and DC are higher quality than jl and alpine amps?

Ya I dont mind doing a big 3 swap and/or getting a high output alternator. I really dont want any light dim, and dont want to add a 2nd batt. Might get HID lights anyway (they dont dim regardless) but i want a robust electrical system anyway..
Sundown looks nice... 500$ for 1200Wrms is about the same as alpine.. Would you say sundown and DC are higher quality than jl and alpine amps?
All day every day and twice on Sunday. JL is resting on their laurels from days gone by while companies like CT Sounds, those mentioned above and a few others are actually researching and developing in order to provide better products at lower prices.

It's pretty simple. If you want to become an accomplished bass fisherman, do you go to Wal-Mart and buy the Zebco combo on the end cap or do you go to a sporting goods store and ask what the pros use?

JL is to quality car audio what Zebco combos are to fishing. They're nice and everyone thinks they're the best. But those of us in the know, know better.

SQ and hifonics... lol plz, even though i run hifonics, they are budget power, not quality power, not very good efficiency and its a power hog. Look up sundown, DC audio, Digital Designs, Incriminator audio, Mmats, Soundqubed/audioque, CT sounds if you want high quality build, power and efficiency. You can run 1 ohm like nothing all you would need to do is big 3 upgrade (google/youtube this up if you dont know) with 0 gauge wire. Heat is mainly from low voltage drop, if your electrical system gets a small boost then your voltages should stay high enough so you dont have to worry about it. Its also never truely 1 ohm since your going to have impedance rise.
After looking around their websites i think sundown or CT would be my choice of the lot.. it just seems like for about the same price i could get an alpine, a name i know and trust.. but are these competition/underground amps really more efficient and cost effective? Remember i'm going for SQ..

All day every day and twice on Sunday. JL is resting on their laurels from days gone by while companies like CT Sounds, those mentioned above and a few others are actually researching and developing in order to provide better products at lower prices.
It's pretty simple. If you want to become an accomplished bass fisherman, do you go to Wal-Mart and buy the Zebco combo on the end cap or do you go to a sporting goods store and ask what the pros use?

JL is to quality car audio what Zebco combos are to fishing. They're nice and everyone thinks they're the best. But those of us in the know, know better.
So you wouldnt buy a 10w6v3 even if you could find a good price on some? What do the "people in the know" think is the best SQ 10-12 in speaker with a mounting depth under 6-7/8 - 7in is now a days? For a sealed .65-95 ft enclosure?

Been looking at Morel ultimos.. they fit. but that's not the direction I think I need to go either..

Open to suggestions.. I'm just gonna take some convincing to buy an underground sub that ive never heard before..

Amps is a different deal..

Soundqubed/audioque makes a nice Q1-1200D thats 1200wrms @ 1ohm thats a great value.. Anyone using their amps or have an opinion on them?

Ive just read so many good things about w6v3s in sealed boxes for SQ... whats good?

Lastly isnt damping factor a component of SQ for amps?

Thanks for all the info

Amps wise, I love MMATs, can't afford it, but it's great quality and super efficient. If you can afford it that's what I'd look into. As far as subs, Focal or Morel might be better SQ, but there's nothing wrong with W6's, **** subs that perform. They are expensive, but if that's what you want, Morel and Focal are pricey too, so nothing wrong with that.

So you wouldnt buy a 10w6v3 even if you could find a good price on some? What do the "people in the know" think is the best SQ 10-12 in speaker with a mounting depth under 6-7/8 - 7in is now a days? For a sealed .65-95 ft enclosure?
Been looking at Morel ultimos.. they fit. but that's not the direction I think I need to go either..

Open to suggestions.. I'm just gonna take some convincing to buy an underground sub that ive never heard before..

Amps is a different deal..

Soundqubed/audioque makes a nice Q1-1200D thats 1200wrms @ 1ohm thats a great value.. Anyone using their amps or have an opinion on them?

Ive just read so many good things about w6v3s in sealed boxes for SQ... whats good?

Lastly isnt damping factor a component of SQ for amps?

Thanks for all the info
I wouldn't buy a JL product at all. Nothing personal but as I mentioned above, there is much better for less money. And if you can find a JL sub on the cheap, then you can also find a better quality sub on the cheap... for less.

As for SQ... you're putting subs in a small sealed box under the seat of a vehicle. There's only so much SQ one can get from that arrangement and frankly, I could put entry level subs in that environment and make them sound as good as a Morel sub... in that environment.

As for the term underground, the brands mentioned are not underground, they're what the pros use. And the fact that you've not heard of them has zero bearing on their quality. As an example, I don't know what you do for a living but I'm sure you deal with some products or brands that I've never heard of. Since I haven't heard of them, does that mean you use inferior products in your trade? Of course not, it means I'm not in your trade and I've never heard of what you use. Nothing more and nothing less.

I wouldn't buy a JL product at all. Nothing personal but as I mentioned above, there is much better for less money. And if you can find a JL sub on the cheap, then you can also find a better quality sub on the cheap... for less.
As for SQ... you're putting subs in a small sealed box under the seat of a vehicle. There's only so much SQ one can get from that arrangement and frankly, I could put entry level subs in that environment and make them sound as good as a Morel sub... in that environment.

As for the term underground, the brands mentioned are not underground, they're what the pros use. And the fact that you've not heard of them has zero bearing on their quality. As an example, I don't know what you do for a living but I'm sure you deal with some products or brands that I've never heard of. Since I haven't heard of them, does that mean you use inferior products in your trade? Of course not, it means I'm not in your trade and I've never heard of what you use. Nothing more and nothing less.
I can accept that. underground probably isnt the proper word, I guess you call it "pro or competition" equipment, I just meant that most of those brands weren't available in most car audio shops (like jl or alpine) or even online places like sonicelectronicx.

Like you said that means nothing about the quality..

As for the underseat sealed setup.. Ive done it before with the 2 10P3shallows (wish I could remember what ampage I pushed them) and they had a really nice range, hit every note, nice and punchy, just didnt get very loud..

I'm not trying to win SQ competitions here.. I just cant stand some of the boomy sloppy systems ive heard where so many notes are missed. Since i'm not willing to remove the back seat 7in depth and downfire is pretty much what im working with..

I figured the w6v3s at 600rms would be a nice step-up from the P3Ss, without loosing any accuracy. Is that wrong?

ummm I guess i could also fit 2 12in IDQs.. as theyre pretty shallow.

2 12 IDQs vs 2 10 w6v3s??

After looking around maybe I do want a SQL based speaker rather than pure SQ. It does seem like maybe the w6 is a bit more SQL based than the IDQs?

God its so hard making expensive long lasting decisions without hearing the speakers in person first...

ummm I guess i could also fit 2 12in IDQs.. as theyre pretty shallow.
2 12 IDQs vs 2 10 w6v3s??

After looking around maybe I do want a SQL based speaker rather than pure SQ. It does seem like maybe the w6 is a bit more SQL based than the IDQs?

God its so hard making expensive long lasting decisions without hearing the speakers in person first...
What have you heard before? What's YOUR definition of SQ?

I love JL but for the money you can almost always find better. I say almost because I got my 12w3vs for 30 bucks a piece bnib from a guy who was going a different route with his setup. I turned around and sold them.

I run SA8's and they get plenty loud with decent SQ....fwiw that's only based on my experience and what I find to be sound quality.

What have you heard before? What's YOUR definition of SQ?
I love JL but for the money you can almost always find better. I say almost because I got my 12w3vs for 30 bucks a piece bnib from a guy who was going a different route with his setup. I turned around and sold them.

I run SA8's and they get plenty loud with decent SQ....fwiw that's only based on my experience and what I find to be sound quality.
My real definition of SQ is accuracy. Not missing tight fast notes and not drownding out everything with one huge low note..

I dont have that much experice with anything other than the set of P3shallows and a set of "elemental designs" 13.5s i had in another car for awhile..

I really liked the P3Ss. The general consinsis was "your system isnt the loudest, but it sounds the best over the most kinds of music."

I listen to electronic/bass music mostly. then some hiphop. I want some loudness but really just want to make sure it can play in a large range of music and frequencies

I really wish I could hear a set of IDQ 12s...

My real definition of SQ is accuracy. Not missing tight fast notes and not drownding out everything with one huge low note..
I dont have that much experice with anything other than the set of P3shallows and a set of "elemental designs" 13.5s i had in another car for awhile..

I really liked the P3Ss. The general consinsis was "your system isnt the loudest, but it sounds the best over the most kinds of music."

I listen to electronic/bass music mostly. then some hiphop. I want some loudness but really just want to make sure it can play in a large range of music and frequencies

I really wish I could hear a set of IDQ 12s...
You won't go wrong with the IDQ subs... from what it sounds like though, I'd check out SA 8's... they get low and I found it easy to get a relatively flat response and that's out of a trunk.

You're better off heading over to DIYMA and asking around because they have more people interested in SQ it seems.

God I'm almost leaning toward 2 IDQ 12s.. pushed by a sundown 1200

The mounting depth is awesome, and they seem really accurate. Am I gonna get decent loudness and some low end from them?

2 12s vs 2 10s? IDQ 12s vs w6v3 10s on the same amp (sundown 1200) in a SEALED box…?

discuss..

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.