anyone have jl audio 13tw5

I have (2) jl audio 13tw5 subs shallow mounts and a jl 1000/1 amp
just wondering if anyone is running these subs are know how they sound. or even heard them

thanks

Eric
I heard 2 13tw5's in a Tundra off of a 1000/1v2 and they sounded very impressive. Nice nice subs. Although I am unsure of the enclosure that they were in.

You have them? Why not install them? Anyways had a friend install them in a silverado he said they sounded good but bass wasnt to loud.

I demo'ed a 13TW5 in a sound room last weekend - it sounded amazing (not quite the SQ of a W7, but thats not surprising). I believe it was in 0.675 CF enclosure, but not 100% certain on that (I listened to a lot of subs that day). They ran it off a 500/1 Slash v2.

FYI, they quoted me $1250 for the pair (after taxes). Seemed a little on the expensive side, but inline with the MSRP on them

I demo'ed a 13TW5 in a sound room last weekend - it sounded amazing (not quite the SQ of a W7, but thats not surprising). I believe it was in 0.675 CF enclosure, but not 100% certain on that (I listened to a lot of subs that day). They ran it off a 500/1 Slash v2.
FYI, they quoted me $1250 for the pair (after taxes). Seemed a little on the expensive side, but inline with the MSRP on them
I all ready have the subs and i didn't pay msrp

I have (2) jl audio 13tw5 subs shallow mounts and a jl 1000/1 ampjust wondering if anyone is running these subs are know how they sound. or even heard them

thanks

Eric
you already have my answer from a few days ago. they sound great.

not very many people have used these due to hatred toward JL or the fact most people wont spend the money for JL when you can get just as good of quality for half the price. they are worth the money if someone wants to spend it though.

Are they/ will they be making 12'' versions???
I heard from the grapevine that they will be making a 12". But who really knows....
its right on the website. YES they are making them in a 12

chances are they were in the .80 that JL calls for.

thats 250 more than i paid for my pair. whatever shop quoted you was trying to rape you.

12" were supposed to come out last fall, so I'm assuming theyll be out eventually but no one really knows.

SQ is amazing on those though. I wouldnt give more than 500 to each one though, under any circumstance, there ratings must be off considering I never gave mine more than ~520 and my glue melted/coil began to unravel. Im pissed

12" were supposed to come out last fall, so I'm assuming theyll be out eventually but no one really knows.
SQ is amazing on those though. I wouldnt give more than 500 to each one though, under any circumstance, there ratings must be off considering I never gave mine more than ~520 and my glue melted/coil began to unravel. Im pissed
they can, do, and will take more than 500.

i wish i had given mine around 700 each.

then you will have a blown coil in the near future, used mine for about 4 months, still sounded flawless when playing, but when i took it out and picked it up, there was a rattle sound I popped it open and the coil is unraveling. If you want to turn a $400+ piece of equipment into ****, give it 700, otherwise play it safe and keep it to 500.

edit, just saw that you didnt actually give them 700, I can assure you it would not last long at all at 700

mine were on a 1000/1v2 and did great. they could have used and taken more power though.

maybe yours had issues straight out of the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.