Anyone have/had Crystal Comps?

Participant count
  • Participant list
As point of reference, the speakers I own are: Viper 650.2, CDT CL6's, Crystal

I used to run the older Crystal's, the CPE model and they were good. I then upgraded the mids to the CSC version (since from what I found out, the x-over and tweeters were basically the same.) The CSC's are simply better. They have got to be one of my favorite bang for the buck speakers.

The Crystal CSC-60S's are good sq comps. They get loud, handle more than their rated power well, have tight midbass, and very clear sound. The midbass isn't as strong as CDT CL's, but it is more controlled. If you run a sub, this won't matter. Imaging has also been quite good even in stock door locations. I run mine w/ 160watts rms @ around 80hz. I'm just careful with the gains.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.