anyone have autocad?

I used Inventor 9/10...AutoCAD looks cool which I have access too but Inventer is good enough for me...SketchUp is the ghey one lol it does alright //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

couldnt you just post it?

I dunno if you can export autocad drawings into other types of files, but you could take a screenshot...

couldnt you just post it?
I dunno if you can export autocad drawings into other types of files, but you could take a screenshot...

i could, i will take a screen shot of it. if u had autocad u can open it and rotate the drawing, its 3 dimensional so it looks cool. i am about to leave work, so i will try to post screenshots later tonight or 2morrow.

It looks like your box height needs to be resized. Your subs cutout is going to make four very weak point at the top and bottom. A sub box has alot of flexing due to internal pressure. If you are serious about designing your box, then add some braces to it as well. At the least, concider a center brace stretching the lengh of the box. Corner braces are always good as well. Deepending on how big your sub is, add a magnet brace. Since you have autocad, add the joint rabbits to your box design. You have the program, so put it too use.

It looks like your box height needs to be resized. Your subs cutout is going to make four very weak point at the top and bottom. A sub box has alot of flexing due to internal pressure. If you are serious about designing your box, then add some braces to it as well. At the least, concider a center brace stretching the lengh of the box. Corner braces are always good as well. Deepending on how big your sub is, add a magnet brace. Since you have autocad, add the joint rabbits to your box design. You have the program, so put it too use.

the box height can not change. this height is as tall as i can make it. i have a box in right now that is the same height and i have not had any problems with it.

what are joint rabbits? what do they look like?

My only reccomendation is to make the front (where the subs are) screw into the top and bottom instead of the other way around. If it is too close, you run the risk of screwing into your subs. The height wouldn't change. The front panel would increase by 1.5" (assuming .75 mdf) and the top and bottom would decrease by 1.5". The overall dimensions would stay the say but it makes for a better build.

My only reccomendation is to make the front (where the subs are) screw into the top and bottom instead of the other way around. If it is too close, you run the risk of screwing into your subs. The height wouldn't change. The front panel would increase by 1.5" (assuming .75 mdf) and the top and bottom would decrease by 1.5". The overall dimensions would stay the say but it makes for a better build.

great idea. and not only will it help structure it will also look better. i will not have the ends of the top and bottom mdf showing, i will have a smooth front on the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.