Anyone have a box design for the HDC315?

Davecubs14
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Madison, AL
I want to build a new box. Sub up, port back.

I want to have it 4 cu.ft and tuned to 40. I want to use aeros one this box.

Many people have told me that my box right now is tuned around 34 for it and i'm pretty sure it'll like 40 more.

The port right now is up against the back of the rear door so I was hoping to have my new box a few inches away from it(if it'll make a difference).

I was hoping someone will have a free one they already made up. But if not, let me know and i'll pay a few bucks.

The max space i'm working with.

Depth - 24"

Width - 30"

Height - Around 20"

BTW, I did search, everywhere, including google......came up with nothing.

Aluminum or Copper coils? If you've got the aluminum coils, you could use more of that 2000 watts and go for a smaller enclosure for more power handling. Should sound nice and tight and still get loud. Also, why do you want to tune so high? Is this for SPL purposes only? I wouldn't tune to 40 if you want to listen to any music. Highest I would ever go for a daily is 37-38 unless you're talking 4th order bandpass.

Aluminum or Copper coils? If you've got the aluminum coils, you could use more of that 2000 watts and go for a smaller enclosure for more power handling. Should sound nice and tight and still get loud. Also, why do you want to tune so high? Is this for SPL purposes only? I wouldn't tune to 40 if you want to listen to any music. Highest I would ever go for a daily is 37-38 unless you're talking 4th order bandpass.
copper will b able to handle that power as well.

It's copper coils. They'll handle 2000 just fine after I upgrade more of my electrical(new alt on the way).

The HDC3 like to be tuned between 38-40, just ask DJ. It's for daily use.

Thanks.

a 15 "Can" work if you have a TON of power, but i wouldnt do it unless i was burping.

then again we put a MT 18 in a 3.7 and it sounded really good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.