ANYONE have a 2002 mustang install?

Participant count
  • Participant list

snitchelgroovin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im trying to install my system into my 2002 mustang, and this is my first time. i had a system in my old car, a real cheap one, and i didnt watch, but i see how they set up all the wires and things. mainly i need to know how to install the deck, and how to open up the door panels. if anyone has a website or anything where they could tell me how to do this, or if they have done this themselves please reply back... or even if you have seen this install done. any help is good. thanks

i most certaintly do not have the mach system. i just have a regular sound with 1.5 din, including cd/tape.. and i have a v6 but i think all theinterior is pretty much the same

I have 2002 S289 Saleen Mustang, and I have done a pretty extensive sound system in it. I have totally taken the interior apart and Dynamated it. The doors are pretty easy. It has a few screws in it that are fairly obvious, and then the rest of the door panels is held in by compression clip things. Unscrew the screws, pull out real hard on the door panel to unpop the clips, then lift up on the door panel. The door panel clips onto the sheet metal where the window rolls down, at the top of the door panel. Saleen Mustangs have a custom Saleen interior, but I think the construction of the door panels is still the same.

ya that is what i have been told. that i need to pull upwards and outwards on teh bottom untill it pops off. then you can just lift it up. sounds easy but i cant get it done, it feels like i am goign to break something. answer me this though... do you pull up hard on the door bottom, or do you pull out? (on the bottom of the door)

Most of the pins are on the outside perimeter of the door panel, just a couple inches from the edge. Get them all pulled out, and then grab around the edges of the panel and yank up real fast. Roll the window all the way down, so you're less likely to scratch the glass. Then you'll have to "jimmy" the door latch handle through the hole. Then unplug the window and door lock plugs from the back of the switches, if you have electric windows and locks. It's easy.

I think there are some screws near the arm rest, and also the door latch handle. Make sure you get those out first.

Don't be afraid to pull on it. You won't hurt it.

how do i get these plugs out, ive tried prying it out with with a screwdriver, but nothing. i dont have to reach my hand inside do i?? ive gotten the electric panel off, and undone 2 screws but thats as far as ive gotten

Get the whole door panel off and then unplug them. There is plenty of slack in the wires to pull the panel off and then unplug them. You should be able to figure out how the plug works once you look at it. It's pretty easy.

no, i must have mis typed or something. i know how the plugs work, but i doo need to know how the snaps at the bottom of the door work.

i dont understand how you get the bottom of the door off, and then lift it up...

Just pull out on them. They are just held in by friction clips. They will pop out of the holes in the metal door skin. You won't hurt anything. On older cars, the plastic clips might break, from the plastic being old and brittle, but you have nothing to worry about on a 2002 Mustang. Just do it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.