Anyone else notice a lot of CDT threads lately?

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_324&products_id=1078
Znom 6 ohm

Re 4.6 ohm

Le@1kHz 0.05 mH

fs 1500 Hz

Qms 1.48

Qes 2.29

Qts 0.90

Sensitivity

2.83V / 1m 91 dB

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5620

Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms

Free Air Resistance: 1500Hz

Voice Coil DC Resistance: 4.6 Ohms

Voice Coil Inductance @ 1 kHz: 0.05 mH

Mechanical Q: 1.5

Electrical Q: 2.3

Total Q: 0.90

Sensitivity: 91dB

Rebadged

Their previous model amplifiers were also rebadged Zed's priced at a considerable markup. They claim their newer amps are an original design, however.
Yea looks to be the exact tweeter, however my ES-01 tweeter looks nothing like that one?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Never claimed they wouldn't be similar, they are the same design after all.

But if they are rebadged...thats one hell of a mark up!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

How CDT became popular is beyond me but the only set I thought were decent back in the days were the HD sets... and even those were meh. Eurosports are probably the most overrated thing on the forums right now.

vifa was made in denmark
That would be Dynaudio which is a 100% in-house manufacturer....they make everything themselves (so they claim).

Tymphany has a factory in China that makes Vifa/Peerless X-line.

And I'd agree with Squeak, it's all about the flavor of the month. Nothing wrong with that, really....it's just that CDT is a crappy flavor. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

eurosports are pretty good set, i really like the newer 2009 62i mids, & yes i've playd with like focals, morels,polk,daytons,mach5,etc.... the older es620 mids ****** ass, i hated those things, if it wasn't for cdt replacing my old mids for the newer ones then i dont think i would ever buy cdt ever again, butthere customer service is one of the best i've dealt with.So what i'm saying is that they have made great improvements with there speakers.

the HD's are ok to me, yes the eurosports are over priced.

isn't!!!!

cdt is a hit or miss , either you like them or you hate them like most things in life.

What is the average install and tuning experience for a person buying a set of CDT speakers? If it's a known fact that this is the major determinant in overall sound, what does this have to say about CDT?

I got dollars to doughnuts that says a veteran installer will make a CDT car sound 50x better than some n00b with a set of Focal Be's.

But for the record, I still hate CDT (mostly the company, not necessarly the speakers themselves.) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

CDTs were popular along time ago. But like all the other "forum boners" past and present, when something gets too popular, people look for something else so they feel different from the rest of the crowd. But time and PRICE repeats the cycle.

From what I remember, it kind'a started with CDT..then Rainbows got hot. After everyone and their mom had Rainbows, people started talking about DLS and Hertz. Then in the recent past it's been.. PG RSd's > Pioneers > Image Dynamics > who knows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.