Anyone else have a thing for monster 10" subs?

Sorry I'm late to the game.

Just thought I would give a nod to the OEM 10.

DSC02606.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

I still like the idea of the LVL510" I saw somewhere. It might be in this thread, don't want to check. xD I want to know how much someone payed Rusty for it. xD
You mean this one

photo1.jpg

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382068

Its mine and I have one more on the way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

I like the idea of 2 DC LV510s + SD 8000.1... That to me seems like pure sex. 

2 10s w/ 4500+ watts each daily, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm(drooling + busting a nut)
How bout 2 10's with two Arc 4000SE's pushing them birth sheets both at 4500+ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif How does that sound?

I know this is an old thread BUT, I found this pic on a different forum a few days ago and I saved the picture to ask what it was later. When I went back to ask what brand of sub it was, I could not find it again. It said that it is a 10" sub that weighs over 70 pounds....

So, besides for big 10.... What is it ????

I know this is an old thread BUT, I found this pic on a different forum a few days ago and I saved the picture to ask what it was later. When I went back to ask what brand of sub it was, I could not find it again. It said that it is a 10" sub that weighs over 70 pounds....
Picture025.jpg

So, besides for big 10.... What is it ????

I dont understand how that cone/coil/suspension configuration could utilize that much motor.

There is no coil.
x2

bish is huge though.

i like my idq10s btw. they are definitely not beefy. but they sound soooooooooooooo nice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have always like 10" subs both as a competitor and just in general for daily systems. Anyone else out there share this obsession?
yeah me too but then I tried a 12 a long time back and got over it, a few years later got a pair of 15's when I got a big enough vehicle to not sweat box size and haven't looked back.

You'd have **** when you heard how much bass you could get out of 2 channels of an old beat up Sony Xplod 4x60 amp with a decent pair of 15's in a sealed 4+ft box. Got a Honda Passport (isuzu rodeo) and they have the wimpiest alternators ever- 60a hitachi. Subs are a pair of DEI comp prototypes, about 12 years old but well made. Now I still use just one amp, an a/d/s p840, confg'd as 4 channels bridged, the 15's get 120 apiece I guess.

http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r384/batvette/passportstereo/

Not too fancy, look if you care, but the box is real solid, braced internally with stainless 1" angle, oak plywood with 10 coats of rubber/asphalt undercoating inside and epoxy resin outside, then vinyl. I cover it with an old grey flannel blanket and park it on the street every night.

I ran 10's in a corvette for years with relatively enormous amounts of amplification, always felt inadequate. All the power just ate alternators and ****ed up the car.

Nice subs you were showing, regardless. the first 10's in my vette, back in 1987, were made by a company called GS Redline, I believe. top end stuff back then, as were the Zapco system 150 amps that powered them. A couple years later when the surrounds failed I took them to this little company in San Diego who did a superb job not only fixing them, but this German guy took a lot of time looking over my system and supplying caps for my tweets and mids for Xovers, all he did was fix old speakers, and his wife Cristina ran the office- but he was working on some pretty awesome prototypes he said he was going to market. One of the most helpful people I've met in the industry.

Thielo Stompler was his name, we now know them as TC sounds.

I have always like 10" subs both as a competitor and just in general for daily systems. Anyone else out there share this obsession?
yeah me too but then I tried a 12 a long time back and got over it, a few years later got a pair of 15's when I got a big enough vehicle to not sweat box size and haven't looked back.

You'd have **** when you heard how much bass you could get out of 2 channels of an old beat up Sony Xplod 4x60 amp with a decent pair of 15's in a sealed 4+ft box. Got a Honda Passport (isuzu rodeo) and they have the wimpiest alternators ever- 60a hitachi. Subs are a pair of DEI comp prototypes, about 12 years old but well made. Now I still use just one amp, an a/d/s p840, confg'd as 4 channels bridged, the 15's get 120 apiece I guess.

http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r384/batvette/passportstereo/

Not too fancy, look if you care, but the box is real solid, braced internally with stainless 1" angle, oak plywood with 10 coats of rubber/asphalt undercoating inside and epoxy resin outside, then vinyl. I cover it with an old grey flannel blanket and park it on the street every night.

I ran 10's in a corvette for years with relatively enormous amounts of amplification, always felt inadequate. All the power just ate alternators and ****ed up the car.

Nice subs you were showing, regardless. the first 10's in my vette, back in 1987, were made by a company called GS Redline, I believe. top end stuff back then, as were the Zapco system 150 amps that powered them. A couple years later when the surrounds failed I took them to this little company in San Diego who did a superb job not only fixing them, but this German guy took a lot of time looking over my system and supplying caps for my tweets and mids for Xovers, all he did was fix old speakers, and his wife Cristina ran the office- but he was working on some pretty awesome prototypes he said he was going to market. One of the most helpful people I've met in the industry.

Thielo Stompler was his name, we now know them as TC sounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.