** Anyone else have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab **

Participant count
  • Participant list

setshot50
10+ year member

Texas
Just in case there is any confusion, this is the new body style. I am looking into putting a system in it and my main area of concern lies with the subs. What are my air space, mounting depth and diameter allocations? Are two (2) 10" subs the largest I can place in there without removing the back seat? If any of you have this truck with subs please let me know your setup. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't own one of these vehicles, but we just put a system in one. We built a fiberglass box to fit in the well under the back seat for one 10". But you could put 1 in each well

cfurtick & ss3079 - Thanks for your replies.

No, I did not opt for the metal storage containers specifically for this purpose. cfurtick, are you suggesting I could build two separate enclosures or one large one to house both subs? Any idea on the mounting depth of the speaker you stuck in there and how much air space you gave it?

You might look into taking your carpet out and see if there is a shell that is made out of metal from the factory that you can recreate using glass or just regular wood. That would be my current sudgestion (for I have no experience with the new ones).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.