Anyone build a Chevy nova trunk?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
Man its been years since ive been on here. Last system i had was a dd m3a and 9512 in a 2016 dodge dart. I got the sub from a guy off here and it blew in a few months. Fast forward im on my second chevy nova. 73 nova that i built a 454 for. I have a 160apm alt and ran pos and neg 1/0 welding wire to the rear for the batt. The batt is ford agm.

As of now i have 3 Rockford fosgate amps. P1000-1BD p400- p500-4. I also have a my dd m3a amp still and a old dd 9500 slug i was going to get rebuilt one day. The nova truck is very tight. Ita not like a box chev or anything. If i want a decent box i have to eliminate the possibility of speakers in the rear deck. As of now i build a sealed box for 2 akar vd 10 but now im changing my plans. Just want to see if anyone done this before
20200513_150319_1595976646260.jpeg
20200731_175803.jpg

I'd do two quality ported 10s on your m3 ...then work on a quality front stage ..dont waste money on 6x9s in the rear deck
Thanks. Ive been very open to that idea. I figured i could run some mids and get very loud and clear up front. Ive been seeing tons of vids about ds18 and skar mids. I never ran mids before only coxial. I guess its time to step my game up. Wish i had 2 of these dd9500 motors. I cant remember which one i have. Believe its a g.

Oh what 10s would you recommend. Skar keeps popping up cuz they affordable but i know everyone loves sundown.

Thanks. Ive been very open to that idea. I figured i could run some mids and get very loud and clear up front. Ive been seeing tons of vids about ds18 and skar mids. I never ran mids before only coxial. I guess its time to step my game up. Wish i had 2 of these dd9500 motors. I cant remember which one i have. Believe its a g.

Oh what 10s would you recommend. Skar keeps popping up cuz they affordable but i know everyone loves sundown.
Skars specs arnt accurate...they lie ..

Oh snap. Well im not going to open up that can. I guess i should look at what kind or budget i can work with. If i blow the dust off the m3 i will sell my fosgate amps. That should make it easy to fetch some nice subs and maybe mids
The M3 is a nice amp ...I've ran them in several installs in the past . Another sweet setup would be 4 quality 8s off th he M3 ..if you do the proper electrical you can run the amp at .5 mono and it will really come alive .... there's a video if you search YouTube [ 151.9 Saleen ] where I ran the DD M4 on a single DD 12 at another RF show I put the M3 on it and did a 151.3 ... I got burned on that run it should've been at least a db or 2 louder .

The M3 is a nice amp ...I've ran them in several installs in the past . Another sweet setup would be 4 quality 8s off th he M3 ..if you do the proper electrical you can run the amp at .5 mono and it will really come alive .... there's a video if you search YouTube [ 151.9 Saleen ] where I ran the DD M4 on a single DD 12 at another RF show I put the M3 on it and did a 151.3 ... I got burned on that run it should've been at least a db or 2 louder .
Nice. When i had the m3 on a 9512 it was crazy. I think i broke the aub clipping it on stock deck and a lc2i. I would love to build that again. And all i had was a old tired odyssey batt in the trunk. I need to contact dd. I think last time they told me like $300 to get it rebuilt

Nice. When i had the m3 on a 9512 it was crazy. I think i broke the aub clipping it on stock deck and a lc2i. I would love to build that again. And all i had was a old tired odyssey batt in the trunk. I need to contact dd. I think last time they told me like $300 to get it rebuilt
The DD would definitely be worth having rebuilt ..I have 3 9512gs ..that's a beast sub and all youd need ..I'd like to do 2 9512gs on my DD M4 as a daily . I just need a vehicle to set it all up in that I plan on keeping ... lol

The DD would definitely be worth having rebuilt ..I have 3 9512gs ..that's a beast sub and all youd need ..I'd like to do 2 9512gs on my DD M4 as a daily . I just need a vehicle to set it all up in that I plan on keeping ... lol
Yeah now im trying to figure out what all the power would be like in this old ass car. I was really liking the idea of running the 9512 on the m3 again. That setup was beast and wasn't to its full potential using stock h/u and spent batteries.

I wanted to use this fosgate p1000 but i dont think i would be satisfied. I would have to do a tline or like 4 12s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.