Anybody wanna help with dd 9515 box build?Ok I

Participant count
  • Participant list

on1wheel01
10+ year member

Bang A Lang
Ok I am about to start my box build for my 97 acura 3.0cl. My sub is a DD 9515 dual 2 ohm 15"im gonna be pushing around 2k watts rms at 1 ohm to her. My max dimensions are looking like 33" wide, 16.5" high, and 20" deep, also put in 4.5" wide port and a 10" port l2 wall length. I used the re calc(yea I know it's off some). Typed those calcs in and it came to 3.788 cubes tuned to 35 ( which is about what I want)and port area of 67. Would this be about right? I am unsure if I should make the port width wider than 4.5 or shorter, and if I should make the l port longer than 10" I have no idea of what affect it has(can you guys shine some light there?). I am tryin to make a hard hitting daily box not a comp one. This will be my 3rd box, hope it goes well. I have thought about seeing about having someone make up some plans, but just spent all my cash, if I can come up with more funds maybe I can pay for one to be designed. I would be interested in doing a a sub back aeros into the ski slot in my seat, but man a slot port is so easy to build and I don't know where to get the aeros or how big and what size to get em.( I have read that may be louder?). How much do you guys charge to design plans?

OK since I will have to have the front plate not mounted between the top and bottom but actually putting it in front(hope this makes sense) so I can fit the 15 and be able to mount it securely. Now the port and left wall will not be flush, any fixes for that and keep it strong? Dang wish I knew about the aeros

Ok well pretty much if I did aero's it would be loudest if I put them firing into the cabin of the car goin into the tiny ski port(little latch that opens up to make a arm rest) since my seat does not fold down? I have read that that makes it hit harder and louder sounding. Main thing is how many would I need and how to mount them,what size, where to get them(and to get a plug)and how long. I have read many ppl use pvc, also I hear about ppl using plugs to change their freq to have a comp box and a daily box. So I guess it's either just a reg slot port sub and port back. Or maybe sub back aeros forward (if I can figure that area out)

Well I do have two cheap aero posts that came in a band pass box, they are 3 1/4 across and 3 3/4 long. What would this do? oh wow after doing more looking it would not at all. man this is all confusing I can't have the ports be to long as my box is only 20" deep

IMAGE_042.jpg

IMAGE_043.jpg

bump I've got the dimensions and cut sheet figured out but still need help with the aero posts box is 33 wide 16.5 high 20 deep 3.788 cubes at 35 hz now that's before woofer and bracing. don't know how many ports how big and how long they will be in the middle of the box for the ski port help please the online calcs confuse me lol

bump I've got the dimensions and cut sheet figured out but still need help with the aero posts box is 33 wide 16.5 high 20 deep 3.788 cubes at 35 hz now that's before woofer and bracing. don't know how many ports how big and how long they will be in the middle of the box for the ski port help please the online calcs confuse me lol

talking to the DD rep they told me 4.25 is the absolute minimum they would put this sub in.. and 4.75 to 5 cubes is ideal.. i dunno but i think your box is going to be way to small after bracing and woofer displacement come into play

ok so maybe i should make it 2 inches deeper now those numbers were from the re calc im guessing they would be around the same with aero ports. i wonder is 2 4" ports would work for me as well at around the same length

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.