Anybody know what this is?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kmeyer301

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 07 Ford E250 conversion van. There is a button along with what looks like should be some kind of display next to it. Must have something to do with sound to something because the button has a mute symbol on it.The back of the button has 2 wires and the display part has a ribbon cable.

This stuff is mounted on the lower dashboard below and to the right of the steering wheel. Thanks

van button.JPG

van button 2.JPG

some classes of commercial vehicles require a sound be emitted when in reverse. it was probably used in a job that requires that kind of compliance in the past.

oh its a e250, those things are notorious for healthcare use. definitely a backup alarm and a passive sensor probably on the left and right of the rear bumper or the front/back bumpers

does the interior smell like old people?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo! You are absolutely right. I backed up until the sensor was going off and then pushed the mute button and it stopped. Thanks

Any idea what the little display next to the button was supposed to be? 

To wew lad, 

You made me LOL! no it doesn't smell like old people. It only had 35K miles when we bought it a few years ago and we bought it from a company that buys vans and converts them into wheel chair vans. This one had 4 captains chairs and a bench in it and the guy desided to just sell it instead of converting it because it was already pretty nice. So we got away without the old people smell. I can relate to what you are saying though. 

Bingo! You are absolutely right. I backed up until the sensor was going off and then pushed the mute button and it stopped. Thanks

Any idea what the little display next to the button was supposed to be? 
It likely displays range to obstacles when you're backing up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.