Any Suggestions???

Participant count
  • Participant list

GRANDV
10+ year member

I am taking my SUV in on Wednesday, but would like your insight on maybe what could be wrong. I will try to make this short.

Last week thursday we had a hella storm where it rained hard. Well, I was driving home and they were re-doing a road and had not paved it yet. Anyway, it rained so hard it left the road like a off-road mud and water course. As I was driving, some of the water holes were a little deep as I drove thru. Well, the next day I noticed a light white smoke coming from the engine comparment. I thought maybe some oil was spilling in the engine, so I checked and nothing. I then waited the next morning to change my oil and clean my truck. That is when I noticed hours later a little puddle of oil under my truck. I am thinking the oil pan had cracked diving thru the mudding and watered street. I drive about 25miles from work to home, so the truck is pretty hot and was told that the water could crack something under the truck.

So, does anybody know if this is possible. I am hoping that it is the oil pan. I could just have that changed, but will that cause oil leakage somewhere for there to be smoke coming from the engine. Any ideas? Thanks for any replies and reading thru to help me out. I just hope this is not a $1k or more situation.

Thanks

Have you checked the drain plug on the oil pan? Try to determine where the oil is coming from by cleaning under there with a high-pressure hose, then watch for leaks.. Nothing should have cracked simply by driving thru some water.. What kind of vehicle are we talking about here anyways?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.