Any Spl predictions?

Sorry... just got back.

47hz turned out to be my frequency,  rising to 2.8ohm clamped around 1500 for a 148.9db.

Asked lots of questions and I'm not as lost now at least.

I think I'm going to wire to .5 next and see what happens. 

Pretty decent turnout today.

That was outlaw in the kick btw... 

No sealed numbers as when I went thru was when a line was there... I suppose I could have done another later but I'm pleased with the result.
At least it's kinda perty. I like the blue but the amp on the box irks me to death. And yes, wire to .5 and give her some real juice.

the amp on the box irks me to death. And yes, wire to .5 
The thing won't stay like that much longer.

Plan is to keep it under the windowline, tune it close but redo the enclosure, probably downsize the volume a touch and reconfigure along with using an aeroport... maybe 2... idk

If I'm going to .5 I'll probably need more reserve so however I decide to reconfigure it I'll leave extra room for an amp rack and another battery back there somehow. 

I'm just tired of building enclosures... and it's getting warmer around here.

Now to get motivated... and brace myself for the pain ($$$).

The thing won't stay like that much longer.

Plan is to keep it under the windowline, tune it close but redo the enclosure, probably downsize the volume a touch and reconfigure along with using an aeroport... maybe 2... idk

If I'm going to .5 I'll probably need more reserve so however I decide to reconfigure it I'll leave extra room for an amp rack and another battery back there somehow. 

I'm just tired of building enclosures... and it's getting warmer around here.

Now to get motivated... and brace myself for the pain ($$$).
Getting warm my ass, it's hot as f**k.

Forgive me for be a lazy sob but what's your electrical? What kinda alt and how many batts?
I have a 250A Ces

Duracell H6 starting Agm

And a little Northstar Sms80 agm in back.

I've got lots of plans but we'll see how it comes together eventually. 

Now that I'm semi-recovered from my stroke I'm able to get out in the heat a bit more. And who knows?.. I just might try to tackle the recone mostly myself (with a little help of course... motor skills shot).

Been decent weather here lately for the last month. That'll change tho... ain't nothing like those 110-115 degree days right before and during the local monsoons... gotta love phx

Honestly I remember those hot, humid summer days in the NC Piedmont as being worse... the bugs sure loved it too iirc

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 250A Ces

Duracell H6 starting Agm

And a little Northstar Sms80 agm in back.

I've got lots of plans but we'll see how it comes together eventually. 

Now that I'm semi-recovered from my stroke I'm able to get out in the heat a bit more. And who knows?.. I just might try to tackle the recone mostly myself (with a little help of course... motor skills shot).

Been decent weather here lately for the last month. That'll change tho... ain't nothing like those 110-115 degree days right before and during the local monsoons... gotta love phx

Honestly I remember those hot, humid summer days in the NC Piedmont as being worse... the bugs sure loved it too iirc
I would run that at .5. At least to get some base line numbers and think about switching over to aeros. It's a lot easier to change configuration, cover hole make new one. I honestly think you've got another db or two with this setup for sure. 

I would run that at .5. I honestly think you've got another db or two with this setup for sure. 
Sounds like a plan... I think I'll probably go that route. With all the changes I've made recently it's beginning to be a chore building and redoing for me. 

Jeez... I gave 4 enclosures away free yesterday (6th, 4th and 2 ported) along with some extra gear at the event today just to reduce clutter around here.

shredder2 said:
Sorry... just got back.

47hz turned out to be my frequency,  rising to 2.8ohm clamped around 1500 for a 148.9db.

Asked lots of questions and I'm not as lost now at least.

I think I'm going to wire to .5 next and see what happens. 

Pretty decent turnout today.

That was outlaw in the kick btw... 

No sealed numbers as when I went thru was when a line was there... I suppose I could have done another later but I'm pleased with the result.
Pretty damn good score for the power you clamped. I still think there is a lot left in it. I estimated you should be clamping ~2500.

What was your voltage when you metered? Was it a song? Did you get any sweeps in?

Dropping to .5 will help, make sure you have the reserve current to back it up. You're so close to that 150!

If you want to pm me I'll scribble a pic of the inside of my box I run the Blaupunkts in that did the 144.5. I think rebuilding the box with aeros would be a good idea. 

Pretty damn good score for the power you clamped. I still think there is a lot left in it. I estimated you should be clamping ~2500.

What was your voltage when you metered? Was it a song? Did you get any sweeps in?

Dropping to .5 will help, make sure you have the reserve current to back it up. You're so close to that 150!

If you want to pm me I'll scribble a pic of the inside of my box I run the Blaupunkts in that did the 144.5. I think rebuilding the box with aeros would be a good idea. 
I thought I'd clamp 2k-2.25k as well, and that would get to my goal but I'm fighting rise (almost 3ohm) and voltage drops to resting or just under with a tone being used.

Every burp dropped voltage from 14.4v or so to resting 12.6v or just under.... so yes... I'll need more reserve for sure.

I'd redo it but it's getting hot soon and I figure for now wiring lower along with some added reserve ought to get me there.

My goal is a decent daily with a 150+ on burps. Maybe over the winter I'll get serious about numbers but like I said its getting hot and that's not something a stroke survivor should endure too much if possible, the event left me with a sunburned scalp and that's fun enough... that I can endure. Another stroke?..  :suicide:

I'd probably build a smallish box using a 10" Aero, tuned just a touch higher and aim the port different if I  wanted to chase #'s but for now I'm going to see where I can get to using what I currently have. 

So its recone time and then I'll focus on electrical as needed.

Damn... its getting warm 

It is only a matter of time and how until that 150 shows up. I agree with the said above, there is more potential in that setup, just a matter of getting it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.