Any speakers sound like this?

trabadoor22
10+ year member

I'm currently looking around seeing what my options are since I only have access to a handful of brands locally. The best sound I personally have heard is from B&W home audio speakers 683's, I believe. Each person will like a different sound, but these matched me perfectly. Problem is they don't make aftermarket car audio. If you haven’t heard them I will try to describe them so it might be possible another car audio speaker might be similar in sound. Midbass was excellent and their midrange is pretty neutral possibly on the dark side. The tweets were metal and very articulate almost on the bright side. So basically I'm looking for excellent midbass, neutral/dark mids with highs on the bright side. If any speakers fit this profile let me know. Price range is roughly $300-$800. I obviously would like to spend on the low side of that, but will spend more for something that suits me. Also sizes I'm looking at are 6.5" or 8" if they can play high enough to work in a two way setup. Thanks.

I heard the B&W a couple of times, but i cant compare them to any car audio speakers or home raw drivers that i've heard.

if you want to you can take your home speakers apart & try to mount them in your car.

I'm currently looking around seeing what my options are since I only have access to a handful of brands locally. The best sound I personally have heard is from B&W home audio speakers 683's, I believe. Each person will like a different sound, but these matched me perfectly. Problem is they don't make aftermarket car audio. If you haven’t heard them I will try to describe them so it might be possible another car audio speaker might be similar in sound. Midbass was excellent and their midrange is pretty neutral possibly on the dark side. The tweets were metal and very articulate almost on the bright side. So basically I'm looking for excellent midbass, neutral/dark mids with highs on the bright side. If any speakers fit this profile let me know. Price range is roughly $300-$800. I obviously would like to spend on the low side of that, but will spend more for something that suits me. Also sizes I'm looking at are 6.5" or 8" if they can play high enough to work in a two way setup. Thanks.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif well, i like B&W home audio speakers most of all.!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I've heard good things about Rainbow, but keep in mind I am not looking to just buy an expensive speaker. I am looking for a specific sound. If Rainbow is noted for this sound then I will check them out for sure.

first thing that comes to mind.....PG RSDs!
Wow.... :facepalm:

I have heard Rainbows at my local shop and wouldnt really describ the midbas as "dark", but the tweeters were pretty bright. I ran MB Quart QSD-216's and The midbass was pretty mellow but still strong. I had my tweet set up at -3dB with ~50w RMS. I think with some more power and a little tweeking they may fit you well. Take a look into MB Quart if you can.

See that the thing, you specifically are looking for a certain sound. We can recomend speakers in your price range and size your looking for, but they may not sound anything like what your looking for.

My best suggestion to you is to demo as many speakers as you can. Rainbow makes some excellent stuff as well as ID and several others. But, its up to your ears to decided whats the best for you.

Also, take into account, install plays a huge role in the sound inside a car or truck, sound deadning, and prep to your doors is key. The best speakers in the world would sound like crap with a poor install.

Just some clues to help you on your way, good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.