fried my lgp and seas tweeters

hotcress
10+ year member

A few years ago I had to have the old school diamond audio hex comp set. Of course at this time they replaced them with a new deviant. So I built my own with the Eton 5-880 and lpg 26na and had madisound build a x-over to match. I have them hooked up to an old school amp that puts out about 150x2 into 4 ohms. Here's the situation the eton/lgp are 8 ohm. So they are getting half that. I blew the lgps and replaced them with the seas h1397. The mids play very strong and the tweets are/were great. They just dont like it my happy level. Keeping up with a underpowered 12" audiopulse axis.

Here is the question if I get another set of mids and tweeters can i run them off the same x-over to get my 4ohm load and double the cone area as plus? Or would it just mess everything up?

No...

Changing the impedence changes the crossover points on a passive crossover. That crossover may be the reason your frying your drivers. It would be better to go fully active.

since madisound built that xover for you, they may be able to help you out with that question
I wonder if it would change the x-over freq up or down? Would like to know, it would help to keep things simple.

I have another matching amp rated at about 100x2. I would need to get an electronic x-over. Id really like to let the amps develope full power so I'd still double up on the drivers. Sound cool?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hotcress

10+ year member
hotcress
Brooklyn, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from