Any Racers?

Originally posted by RangerMan Frankly, I am scared of NOS...I'd rather have a turbo, which I do...
I have an '88 tc. I don't have the bank to make it fly, but I did put on a bcs bypass, and a front mounted k&n. Also converted it from auto to 5 speed. For a 3,600 lb 4 cyl. it's a hell of a drive.

yeah i can find turbo's but i wanna be different and have a supercharged eclipse!!!!!

lol it is a shot in the dark....but i can dream. a turbo charger would be easy but i am from pretty much no where so getting it installed would be the hard part!

Yea NOS can be very dangerous I saw a friend give it too much of a shot and his manilfold blow off the block and threw is light ass carbon fiber hood casued around 2000 grand worth of damage just goes to show you that if you have no clie about what your doing let a professional do it lol. He fried all his pistons and a few friends ripeed the block apart that weekned and got it all back together for him and hooked his nos up the right way took the shots down a lil lol. But nos can also be very fun.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by jlman Yea NOS can be very dangerous I saw a friend give it too much of a shot and his manilfold blow off the block and threw is light ass carbon fiber hood casued around 2000 grand worth of damage just goes to show you that if you have no clie about what your doing let a professional do it lol. He fried all his pistons and a few friends ripeed the block apart that weekned and got it all back together for him and hooked his nos up the right way took the shots down a lil lol. But nos can also be very fun.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
NOS is very, VERY flamable, and to me, its kinda like cheating...I have seen to many improperly installed NOS systems blow engines, exhaust systems and catch cars on fire. Many people will say "Well look at this cool ass chrome fire extinguisher"...I say, its not worth the risk.

Yea it was crazy the throttle body shot right into his manifold (so we think) and broke and thats how it came flyin right threw his hood. I am thinkin it casued one hell of ammount of backpressure lol.

Originally posted by EVOECLIPSE yeah i can find turbo's but i wanna be different and have a supercharged eclipse!!!!!

lol it is a shot in the dark....but i can dream. a turbo charger would be easy but i am from pretty much no where so getting it installed would be the hard part!
How 'bout LEARNING to install it??? The internet is a wonderful thing.

hee hee hee just wanted to let ya all know...

today...

in my cougar,m 1991 Cougar LS w/5.0L HO V8, 200 HP, 275 ft/lbs torque...

i beat a 5 speed 1993 Acura Integra GS-R from a stop light....

falt out beat him, he was never ahed of me, lol.

he even has aftermarket headers, lol, im running bone ass stock...

oh, and a 4-speed auto, lol.

go detroit! lol.

Wonderbread, the kid you were racing must have went home and cried himself to sleep. That's cool. Just yesterday some kid in I guess a 95 civic hatchback with a jacked-up body(but a HUGE exhaust and muffler haha) was about two car lengths back and on my right. We were both stopped at a light in Denver. When the light turned green, I creeped up to let him catch up just to see what he would do. Low and behold his balls were bigger than his brain. He started gearing up to take off. I was waiting for him to jump, because I like to give people false hopes haha. Well he got about two car lengths in front of me--then I hit it, just as my right side window passed him I heard him throw a rod or something go, but he was pulling over to the side of the road as I looked back in my rear-view. Kids,,,,,,,,,,,they never learn.

Yesterday I pull up to a red light on a quiet road to be approached by a cocky 16 year old in a Civic that says " 2 fast 4 u" on the back window....I think he went home and took that sticker off or asked if he could buy a Camaro:D Lol.

hehehee and he knew we were racing...

lol it was a friend of mine, we were leaving work and we set this up, lol.

when we finished our marathon of a race, as leaglly as we could, and btw this was another race around the one where i beat hm straight line, we were seeing who could get to the mcdicks by our house first, so once i got in front, and made teh elft turn, i just got him stuck behind otehr cars, lpol it was great...

but i beat him!! thats why i ahte rice burners, not imports, but rifcers....

At our local racing spot, I am known as the "old guy", but I still kill just about everything I race, with a show truck. A quick tip...if you have a nice paint job, and do not want to mess it up by spinning off the line, put cooking oil or vaseline around the wheel wells...

Originally posted by ss3079 a cocky 16 year old in a Civic that says " 2 fast 4 u" on the back window:D Lol.
so, um, how did you see the back window?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hehe, just thought that was funny

Originally posted by ace7733  

so, um, how did you see the back window?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hehe, just thought that was funny
I met up with him downtown later that day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Themanuwant2b

10+ year member
Themanuwant2b
Denver (Houstonian)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from