Any new SQ subs come out in the past couple years?

Seealed or ported? For new subs there is the SI BM MKIV that came out semi-recently. It's shallow mount and sealed only, but an great SQ sub. Works in super small enlclosures.
I don't care a lot if I go with sealed or ported, I just want to have as flat a response as possible, with as much range as possible. SPL isn't a priority here. I think I was around to see that, along with the IA Flatlyne. Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys.

Did I give him a price or are you just targeting me because you can't afford nice things? lulz
I still remember all the completely untrue things you said about PHD and how you were proven wrong every step of the way.

If you have any other useless words to bring to the table, by all means lay them out here again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Lulz. All of my gear is nicer than what you have, but this isnt a pissing match.

Yes you did offer to sell him a used piece of PHD garbage. Even though your post is removed I can still view the contents. You offered to sell him a used FB 12.1

Nice, you guys actually clear that crap up now. I used to report that stuff when I was here last, I just don't remember it actually getting deleted. So is there anything better than the Dayton HO for less than $300 nowadays? I'm asking you, man.
Anything but PHD would do fine.

Lulz. All of my gear is nicer than what you have, but this isnt a pissing match.
Yes you did offer to sell him a used piece of PHD garbage. Even though your post is removed I can still view the contents. You offered to sell him a used FB 12.1

I mentioned if he was interested to send me a private message.

Anything but PHD would do fine.
Funny, I never mentioned a price in my post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

LOL, no PHD product has had a single bad review on this forum or any other.

Keep trying, it makes you look more desperate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

tantric ld and md. both have been in award winning sq cars i believe. i do love those flatlynes they sound amazing and can get loud, only prob is they take zero abuse. mine fried on rated power wife clipped hu though.

tantric ld and md. both have been in award winning sq cars i believe. i do love those flatlynes they sound amazing and can get loud, only prob is they take zero abuse. mine fried on rated power wife clipped hu though.
Not even in the same league. I know just about any sub can sound good, it's the least important part of a SQ build but a true SQ driver is designed to be transparent, very low distortion at max xmax, play low 20s and high enough to blend right into the front stage.

i see what ur saying. but to say the ld is not in the same league is incorrect. @ tantricsounds ; can u shine some light on the ld series plz.
I can't think of anything inhernently better about any of those subs mentioned outside of the Dayton HO that makes them inherently better for SQ. that being said, I've never heard the Tantric LD series, so I can't speak on it's actual performance, just basic parts used an their general abilities. Morel and most "boutique" car audio brands dont' impress me much, so that'd be bottom of my list out of those tbh. The dayton Ho is a very well built driver at a great price point, it'd be top of my list out of those.

IDQ's and W6's can both sound decent and use pretty normal technology in their speaker. I'd assume the LD would fit right in, in that group, should be in good company. The flatylne is also in this group and can def be in a winning install. What subwoofer you use in a pure SQ install is almost of no consequence although some subs are inherently better than others at certain things and if you install gets exotic there are often different choices, but to chalk something up as "SQ" or not "SQ" can be hard and really comes down to an install by install basis.

Some subs have inherently low distortion due to better designed motors. Shorting rings lower inductance, like the Dayton HO uses, allows subs to integrate smoothly with nice response up to the crossover point where it meets the midbass. In a car where subs are behind you this can be crucial and most SQ subs in car audio dont' use them. Yes you can still make it work, if the sub has a small coil the rings may not be needed and some motor/coil designs are better than others in this regard. Then their are BL linear topologies like LMS and XBL^2. Drivers like that tend to sound very good even when the cone is moving very far. Again very few drivers use those, and you can have a good sub without them. You may need a bit more cone area, or a need to port the driver to reduce excursion, but again there are always work arounds. That's why I like the Dayton HO, it uses shorting rings, has a quiet suspension, decent xmax and powerhandling (it's underrated on the spec sheet a good bit) and the t/s lend it to smaller ported boxes to give a nice response in car. If your willing to use more cone area AE speakers makes an IB capable subwoofer that can give you good output, good low end and uses shorting rings. They also have their AV line coming back, it's a Dayton HO on steroids, if you want double xmax and powerhandling, howerver, at 799 it too is overpriced now, by a bit, at it's old price of 300ish years ago they were KILLER //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif At 500 I'd be more willing to reccomend them.

There are a few subs that use both rings and a linear motor.. The Illusion audio CXL uses xbl^2 and shorting rings, it's alsoat 1k.. A cheaper alternative is the SI BM MKIV for half price or a bit less than half has the same bells and whistles, shallow mount small sealed boxes only. If you wan to go BIG, the LMS ultra is beastly

Always depends what kind of space you have to work with and what response curve you want.

Did I give him a price or are you just targeting me because you can't afford nice things? lulz
I still remember all the completely untrue things you said about PHD and how you were proven wrong every step of the way.

If you have any other useless words to bring to the table, by all means lay them out here again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Fuckk phd

I can't think of anything inhernently better about any of those subs mentioned outside of the Dayton HO that makes them inherently better for SQ. that being said, I've never heard the Tantric LD series, so I can't speak on it's actual performance, just basic parts used an their general abilities. Morel and most "boutique" car audio brands dont' impress me much, so that'd be bottom of my list out of those tbh. The dayton Ho is a very well built driver at a great price point, it'd be top of my list out of those.
IDQ's and W6's can both sound decent and use pretty normal technology in their speaker. I'd assume the LD would fit right in, in that group, should be in good company. The flatylne is also in this group and can def be in a winning install. What subwoofer you use in a pure SQ install is almost of no consequence although some subs are inherently better than others at certain things and if you install gets exotic there are often different choices, but to chalk something up as "SQ" or not "SQ" can be hard and really comes down to an install by install basis.

Some subs have inherently low distortion due to better designed motors. Shorting rings lower inductance, like the Dayton HO uses, allows subs to integrate smoothly with nice response up to the crossover point where it meets the midbass. In a car where subs are behind you this can be crucial and most SQ subs in car audio dont' use them. Yes you can still make it work, if the sub has a small coil the rings may not be needed and some motor/coil designs are better than others in this regard. Then their are BL linear topologies like LMS and XBL^2. Drivers like that tend to sound very good even when the cone is moving very far. Again very few drivers use those, and you can have a good sub without them. You may need a bit more cone area, or a need to port the driver to reduce excursion, but again there are always work arounds. That's why I like the Dayton HO, it uses shorting rings, has a quiet suspension, decent xmax and powerhandling (it's underrated on the spec sheet a good bit) and the t/s lend it to smaller ported boxes to give a nice response in car. If your willing to use more cone area AE speakers makes an IB capable subwoofer that can give you good output, good low end and uses shorting rings. They also have their AV line coming back, it's a Dayton HO on steroids, if you want double xmax and powerhandling, howerver, at 799 it too is overpriced now, by a bit, at it's old price of 300ish years ago they were KILLER //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif At 500 I'd be more willing to reccomend them.

There are a few subs that use both rings and a linear motor.. The Illusion audio CXL uses xbl^2 and shorting rings, it's alsoat 1k.. A cheaper alternative is the SI BM MKIV for half price or a bit less than half has the same bells and whistles, shallow mount small sealed boxes only. If you wan to go BIG, the LMS ultra is beastly

Always depends what kind of space you have to work with and what response curve you want.
are there accurate box specs for a 10" or a 12" dayton HO?? im VERY curious about them now due to this post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The 10's model the best for pure SQ in a small ported box. I could model it to give you an idea, IIRC it's something like .75 at 30hz that worked well in my friends car, but it's been a while since I played with it. Just run multiples and aeroport if you need output with a decently small box size. What car would it be going in?

The 10's model the best for pure SQ in a small ported box. I could model it to give you an idea, IIRC it's something like .75 at 30hz that worked well in my friends car, but it's been a while since I played with it. Just run multiples and aeroport if you need output with a decently small box size. What car would it be going in?
2007 lexus es350. im looking at a crescendo s1500.1 to go with it but i read on parts express website they only come in single 4ohm configs. really leaning towards the 12" one and tuning it to 28hz

2007 lexus es350. im looking at a crescendo s1500.1 to go with it but i read on parts express website they only come in single 4ohm configs. really leaning towards the 12" one and tuning it to 28hz

You could make that work. They do only come in single 4ohm, which is another advantage of running multiple smaller ones, you can drop down the impedance that way.> Regardless they dont' need huge power levels, in a lexus I'd go a bit medium to large on the box size and tune it low. I can model it once I get back to my home computer if you wanted to do the single 12.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.