New leathal injection 10"

So I have a incriminator Li running at 1ohm on a rockford t-500bd I set my gains with multi meter test tone at 400watts I turned it up for about five mineuts and I smelled the voice coils a little is 400 just to much power for the break in period it only has about 2 hours on it I have owned a lot of different subs over the years but never bought new so some help would be appreciate thanks

So I have a incriminator Li running at 1ohm on a rockford t-500bd I set my gains with multi meter test tone at 400watts I turned it up for about five mineuts and I smelled the voice coils a little is 400 just to much power for the break in period it only has about 2 hours on it I have owned a lot of different subs over the years but never bought new so some help would be appreciate thanks
The subwoofer being new has nothing to do with you exceeding the thermal limits of the coil to the point of burning the them , clipping is your problem, try resetting your gains, bass boost ,etc. and check your wiring ( grounds ,fusing, etc.)

The IA LI is rated at 1000watts and will have no problem with anything else. Is it possible you wired up the voicecoils incorrectly or had a wire that was touching the opposite terminal? Assuming everything was wired correctly and your math was correct the only other possible issue would be a sub that is defective. Make sure there was no added bass boost on your phone or HU or amp. Subs can smell a bit when they are new and getting hot for the first time it just depends on how much smell was there.

Your most likely clipping the amp and passing DC to the subs. This will heat them up licitly split. Even a 100 watt amp run into clipping can melt a voice coil of any sub.

My old Lethal injections, Death Row woofers all took awhile to break in and a couple of time got a little stinky with no later problems. I would just triple check you arent obviously clipping and keep playing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.