Any mechanics online? This problm has me STUMPED. Lots of diagnostic in here

Just drove the car to the nissan dealership, died once on me, started it back up and it felt pretty shitty, I pulled the code when I got to the dealership.

P1110- Intake Valve Timing Control, LH Bank

What the **** does that mean

btw- crankshaft position sensor is $104 form the dealer, but as that code has not returned I think it may have been fluke, and this P1110 that keeps rearing its head is my problem (along with a starter)

you better get your car fixed before everything goes bad...i learned my lesson on my 96 intrepid...i had a bad sensor(dont member which one)but i didnt payed that much attention to it since the car was running well...so then time went by(months later).until one day the car finally died on me and needed all these **** things...1 lil sensor caused me $$$$$...i would REALLY recommend you to fix your car ASAP..

I dont even wanna drive it to be honest until its fixed
dont bro!..its not worth at all on the way the car is right now..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

about a month ago the car sometimes wouldnt start, you could turn the key over and it just wouldnt crank or anything, just nothing, turn it again sometimes once, sometimes 20 times, and it would fire up like normal, perfect quick start. I never fixed it as I never found the problem and there was no check engine light, but it would always start, so I was hoping to pinpoint it before throwing money away

when my car did that i replaced the starter and solenoid, problem fixed seemd like a dead spot or something on the motor. no action no click nothing when the key was turned and only happend speraticially.

Well yeah I think I have 2 seperate problems here though. The starter will fix that. But this P1110 code is what Im worried about and if it could cause the conditions which I am seeing now

the CPS will cause a no start and rough running condition and so will the vvt code that it is sending they could both be related to the cps sensor being bad, hard to tell without the car here to test the sensors. best bet is to pay 1 hour of diagnostics and then fix it yourself if you can.

Just drove the car to the nissan dealership, died once on me, started it back up and it felt pretty shitty, I pulled the code when I got to the dealership.
P1110- Intake Valve Timing Control, LH Bank

What the **** does that mean

btw- crankshaft position sensor is $104 form the dealer, but as that code has not returned I think it may have been fluke, and this P1110 that keeps rearing its head is my problem (along with a starter)
That valve is used for adjusting your intake cam.

You can test the valve out if you want.

I typed it in with nissan and found instructions you could use

The VTC solenoid valve is part of the Valve Timing Control System, found on all GA16DE engines. The purpose of the system is to achieve optimum valve timing, thus improving engine performance.

The system will vary the intake valve timing according to engine speed, and other inputs received from the coolant temperature and throttle position sensors. The ECM controls the position of the intake camshaft, by controlling the oil pressure to the intake camshaft pulley hub. When the ECM energizes the solenoid, oil pressure is supplied to the pulley hub, changing the position of the hub, thereby advancing the intake valve timing.

1 Remove the VTC valve from the vehicle.

2 Using a fused jumper wire, apply battery voltage to terminal 1, and ground to terminal 2.

3 If the valve is functioning correctly, the plunger shaft in the valve should be extended.

4 If the plunger is not extended, replace the VTC solenoid.

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

1 Disconnect the wiring harness connector from the VTC valve.

2 Using a suitable wrench, remove the VTC from the cylinder head.

To install:

1 Install the VTC in to the cylinder head, by first hand tightening, then using a wrench.

2 Plug the wire harness connector into the VTC valve.

Fig. 1: VTC solenoid testing-GA16DE engine

Fig. 2: Valve timing control system component identification and operation

http://www.nissanforums.com/ga16de-1-6l-engine/102288-p1110-intake-valve-timing-control-solenoid.html

I appreciate the post, but I have a VQ35DE motor.

All I REALLY want to know is it this P1110 code can cause the engine running conditons I was talking about, poor idle, cause engine to stall while taking slow turns / stopping

Im workin on finding the part number still

I appreciate the post, but I have a VQ35DE motor.
All I REALLY want to know is it this P1110 code can cause the engine running conditons I was talking about, poor idle, cause engine to stall while taking slow turns / stopping

Im workin on finding the part number still
Well the GA16 has the same code along with that valve. It is probably messing up your timing since the valve has either gone or is going out. When you're driving the rpms are a little higher so the motor can still run. When you slow down for turns the rpms probably go so low that the engine stalls.

I did go ls vtec and not b16 by the way lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.