Any JL fans on here?

squeak----yeah i think you hittin alot of the hate on the nose-----but i will admit their prices in retail stores is on the very high side---but if you get a deal through the internet or ebay or wherever i think they are some of the best sounding subs around. now if you tryin to go for straight spl then yeah these are probably not for you but for sql in a daily driver -i love my 2-w6v2. and **** ive got 1000 watts for both subs in a simple sealed box and if i want ive got all the bass i need and more. but for anyone to say regardless of price they straight up ****----i would have to agree with squeak---they hatin cause they mainstream. my advice is anyone that gets the w6v2s and a nice sealed box with about 1000 watts will be very satisfied sound wise with what they have. now if you just wanna set off alarms and cause a nuisance yeah go elsewhere.

p.s. oh and to the guy who said he has to have jl audio to be on the football team and be cool at school---now see (even as much as i love my w6v2) would make me wanna get something different. but then again **** if i had a car to put any ol system in high school i would have been stoked. rather than a ghetto blaster on a bike rack on my schwinn cruiser.

squeak----yeah i think you hittin alot of the hate on the nose-----but i will admit their prices in retail stores is on the very high side---but if you get a deal through the internet or ebay or wherever i think they are some of the best sounding subs around. now if you tryin to go for straight spl then yeah these are probably not for you but for sql in a daily driver -i love my 2-w6v2. and **** ive got 1000 watts for both subs in a simple sealed box and if i want ive got all the bass i need and more. but for anyone to say regardless of price they straight up ****----i would have to agree with squeak---they hatin cause they mainstream. my advice is anyone that gets the w6v2s and a nice sealed box with about 1000 watts will be very satisfied sound wise with what they have. now if you just wanna set off alarms and cause a nuisance yeah go elsewhere.
p.s. oh and to the guy who said he has to have jl audio to be on the football team and be cool at school---now see (even as much as i love my w6v2) would make me wanna get something different. but then again **** if i had a car to put any ol system in high school i would have been stoked. rather than a ghetto blaster on a bike rack on my schwinn cruiser.
What amp do you have running your two w6v2's?And what size are they?

lol why ? you gonna start saying their cones produce square waves ? lmao nothing wrong with jl sure its pricey and the w7 needs killer mid basses but the rest is pretty good. there components are a little weak but the sub line as a whole is sweet. people expect great things with little $ people bash jl because they havent let down their prices but thing is they are still getting top dollar which drives business. when a company drops its prices 1 time it will effect them forever as it will be tougher to actually sell a $500 woofer even if its worth it due to the fact they took the value of the dollar and made it smaller by selling out.

lol why ? you gonna start saying their cones produce square waves ? lmao nothing wrong with jl sure its pricey and the w7 needs killer mid basses but the rest is pretty good. there components are a little weak but the sub line as a whole is sweet. people expect great things with little $ people bash jl because they havent let down their prices but thing is they are still getting top dollar which drives business. when a company drops its prices 1 time it will effect them forever as it will be tougher to actually sell a $500 woofer even if its worth it due to the fact they took the value of the dollar and made it smaller by selling out.
Your business knowledge simply amazes me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

its a fact. alot of companies hurt themselves by offering cheaper lines and marketed them wrong. i would go on and on but it would be way off topic even though it would still be within reasons why people dont like jl. i try not to bash a product and often in my advice say what i would do but i dont think im too terribly biased to make statements that a company ***** because it costs more...everyone has a different value to a dollar. jl makes alot of great product that even the smaller more techy companies have a hard time competing with so they go into the price vs dollar wars which is a just cause but again it means something different to different people.

Im not saying JL ***** because their products cost too much, nor am I bashing them for it. Im simply saying in general their products cost too much. I can express my opinion that their price to performance isn't very good without being accused of flaming the company, can't I?

I agree everyone has a different value to a dollar. Most people would probably consider my stereo budget adsurd. I could have bought W7's if I had wanted to, but I still chose another brand because I felt it offered 95% of the performance for considerably less money (among other reasons). Some people see it quite differently, obviously. To each their own. But dont tell me Im bashing the company simply by offering my opinion on the subject (respectively) just like everyone else here.

eh wasnt dirrected at you as a whole just parts alot of people do bash jl all over you know that....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

how about that video where the avalanche 15's spanked the JL 15's in an enclosure designed for the JL 15's?

and the avalanches are about 0.4 times the price of the JL 15. . . . . . .

youll have that with alot of woofers though. i remember norris running shockers 5 yrs ago and he had some huge prototypes that shoulda torn **** up but the reg comp woofers ended up being 4 db louder and didnt fall apart.

Not desperate that i have to have it right now, but i know somebody can get a better price on it. And why is it that you say these brands are better than JL?
ah... because most of them are, and you pay LESS $ than you do for JL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Im not just 'hatin' when I say JL's price to performance ratio leaves much to be desired. I consider that an informed opinion. *shrug* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

That's why you get friendly with your local dealer, and pay no where near MSRP //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I never said their MSRP was consumer friendly, but you also don't have to pay it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But, more than once I've seen comments like "JL *****, go with RE". Ask why, and the only reason given is because they are mainstream //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Matter of fact, it has happened more than once in this thread alone.

people bash jl because they havent let down their prices but thing is they are still getting top dollar which drives business. when a company drops its prices 1 time it will effect them forever as it will be tougher to actually sell a $500 woofer even if its worth it due to the fact they took the value of the dollar and made it smaller by selling out.

Your business knowledge simply amazes me.
Well, audioholic, Audiolife's right. Look at what happened to Adire here recently when they listed MSRP on their website. People started freaking out..."No way I'm paying that much for a Brahma", "Adire sold out", "Looks like I'm not buying Adire anymore", etc etc. Nobody even knows what the actual "street price" for them will be, but simply because they listed a higher price on their website, people turned against them quite quickly. And I think that was the point Audiolife was trying to get across....once you drop your price, you'll get an aweful backlash if you try to raise them again....ever.

A business does not control the value of the dollar. A price drop on one model or models of subwoofer should have almost no effect on the price when a new model is released. And... why should we be so worried about JL's ability in the future to again raise prices... if we agree they are too high now? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The Adire thing is not surprising... ever seen the MSRP's on RE's products? Most people have no clue they are so high, because they dont pay it. Will Adire stay this way also? I have no idea. But I do know we are seeing real-world people here quoting prices they've paid for W7's that I would never even consider. *shrug*

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.